It is currently April 26th, 2024, 6:56 am

System Info Display

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
sottovoce

System Info Display

Post by sottovoce »

So, I suppose this is technically more of a general computer question, but here goes.
I'm using the "Purple Haze" skin's User Info display, and I really like it, but I got this computer from a friend and it displays HIS name instead of mine at the top. I can't figure out how to change it so that it displays MY name :? .
Note: it's not the name of the computer or the name of the user profile , it's who it's registered to.
am I just out of luck?
smurfier

Re: System Info Display

Post by smurfier »

What version of Windows do you have?

Edit: Apparently it's the same with all versions of Windows.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/quick-tip-change-the-registered-owner-in-windows/
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
sottovoce

Post by sottovoce »

okay, did that.
It successfully changed the registered user, but the readout hasn't changed.
I refreshed the skins, turned off the skin and turned it back on, restarted my computer, nothing.
:(
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Since I assume your name isn't going to be changing any time soon, then it's probably safe to go into the .ini file and edit it directly to show your name. Right-click the skin that shows your name, go to "Skin Menu > Edit Skin...". If I'm not mistaken, there should be a meter name something like "[MeterUserName]" in there. In that section, add the line "Text=Your Name Here". Save and refresh.
ImageImageImageImage