It is currently April 26th, 2024, 9:22 pm

Can't seem to get Chameleon to work

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Jravesteijn

Can't seem to get Chameleon to work

Post by Jravesteijn »

Hi,
I've recently installed the Robik Suite: https://www.deviantart.com/hiphopium/art/Robik-771914763
and am trying to make the colors match my windows wallpaper, which is set to slideshow.
My Variables file currently looks like this:

Code: Select all

[Variables]

Language=English
Location=NLXX0057
Unit=m
ScrollMouseIncrement=0.01
Format=H
Hidden=0
Hidden2=1
Player=Spotify
FontColor=200,200,200
FontColor2=[ChamFG1]

[ChameleonDesktop]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Chameleon
Type=Desktop
Format=Dec

[ChamFG1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Chameleon
Parent=ChameleonDesktop
Color=Foreground1
Format=Dec
After changing this and refreshing the skin, the color defaults to white, even after changing my wallpaper.
I'm know very little about the workings of rainmeter, so trouble shooting is definitely something I'm not capable of.
I've deleted RainRGB4 as I thought it might be what was interferring with the color, but it doesn't seem to change anything.
Thanks!
Last edited by balala on November 1st, 2020, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are posting code snippets. It's the </> button.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Can't seem to get Chameleon to work

Post by balala »

Jravesteijn wrote: November 1st, 2020, 8:28 pm After changing this and refreshing the skin, the color defaults to white, even after changing my wallpaper.
I'm know very little about the workings of rainmeter, so trouble shooting is definitely something I'm not capable of.
I've deleted RainRGB4 as I thought it might be what was interferring with the color, but it doesn't seem to change anything.
Thanks!
Do you have installed the Chameleon plugin? Because it is not a built-in plugin, you have to install it, but the posted skin installer doesn1t include it.
To check if you have installed the plugin right click the Rainmeter icon in the notification Area and click About. In ht eopening window open the Plugins tab. Theree you have a list of the installed plugins. Check if it contains the Chameleon plugin.
If it doesn't (what I suppose), you have to install it. Go here and click the download link. Download the package, then run it. It's gonna install a skin and the Chameleon plugin as well. If you want, you can take a look to the newlly installed skin, but important is to get the appropriate version of the plugin. Now you have it, so retry the skin. Does it work?