It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:02 am

Changing wallpaper with time

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Changing wallpaper with time

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: November 1st, 2020, 5:46 pm While I think using #CURRENTSECTION# might be a bit pointless, and only adds a tiny, tiny amount of extra work to resolve the variable,
Yes, but why I initially started to use this technic was that once I copied the Ifconditions from a measure to another and had to rewrite the measure names in all of them. Although not too hard (a simple copy - paste did the job), the #CURRENTSECTION# variable avoid the need of such a rewriting. Me personally prefer this approach since then, even if there is a little bit more work for Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:06 pm Actually, it won't, from an expected behavior point of view - and I think that was the problem. I just tested (got past 20:00 locally just now), and it didn't change the wallpaper immediately ... because it waited for a whole minute to do it. I think this might have been the issue in the first place, that's why I suggested approaching this based on the number of seconds in the day that passed.

That being said, it's not a tragedy, just a bit of delay, according to the code.
Yes, but if prefered, the place of equalities can be changed, to establish when exactly the wallpaper is changed.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

zaxnite wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:02 pm I got it thank you so much
So, should we understand you got it working finally?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:09 pm Yes, but if prefered, the place of equalities can be changed, to establish when exactly the wallpaper is changed.
Probably. Or add the seconds to the mix, so that the change is done right after passing 20:00:00, i.e. Format=%#H%M%S, and tweak the conditions accordingly.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:12 pm Probably. Or add the seconds to the mix, so that the change is done right after passing 20:00:00, i.e. Format=%#H%M%S, and tweak the conditions accordingly.
As usually more solutions to the same problem. It's entirely up to zaxnite which one does he prefer...
zaxnite

Post by zaxnite »

Thank you so much
:D
zaxnite

Post by zaxnite »

balala wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:09 pm So, should we understand you got it working finally?
yess thank you
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

zaxnite wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 9:38 am yess thank you
:thumbup: