It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 3:25 pm

Firefox not Opening from Desktop Icons

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
DidntWantanAccount

Firefox not Opening from Desktop Icons

Post by DidntWantanAccount »

Hi all!

Brand new to Rainmeter and followed a pretty neat guide on YT for a setup I liked. It involved a custom Honeycomb icon skin.
Well, everything works perfectly fine besides Firefox's icon. I had both normal Firefox and Firefox Dev Ed. installed at the time of installing Rainmeter and applying the skins. So naturally, without any reason I can find, the honeycomb icon defaulted to opening Firefox Dev Ed.
I have tried uninstalling Dev Ed. and restarting.
I have also altered the ini changing the vague "firefox.exe" to the pathway, and added a secondary command just in case, so it now looks like:

Code: Select all

LeftMouseUpAction=[""C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe""]
ButtonCommand=!Execute [""C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe""]
However, now the button doesn't do anything at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Firefox not Opening from Desktop Icons

Post by jsmorley »

LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"] works fine for me...
DidntWantanAccount

Post by DidntWantanAccount »

jsmorley wrote: October 30th, 2020, 1:42 pm LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"] works fine for me...
Omg ty for your reply. This worked fine. I am actually an idiot and didn't see that I put double quotes in my original ini. :p
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

DidntWantanAccount wrote: October 30th, 2020, 2:36 pm I am actually an idiot and didn't see that I put double quotes in my original ini.
No, you are not. Not enough experimented doesn't mean at all idiot.
Additionally note that the !Execute bang (which you used into the ButtonCommand option, but didn't in LeftMouseUpAction as well) is deprecated and should never be used anymore.