It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:04 pm

Anyone familiar with the Grayhound theme?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Anyone familiar with the Grayhound theme?

Post by Yincognito »

AdrianJC wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 9:25 pm Hi,

Yeah sorry I quoted with this:

What I want to achieve is add extra text.
Let's say with the "single" CPU (ini / inc), for example, I would like it to also read the type of CPU.

hope this makes sence on the first part of you awnser.
Well, balala already answered half of the question. To change the space between the lines, try to change the "Y" related variables in C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Grayhound\@Resources\Normal.inc (or the .INC file of whatever version you're using, e.g. Medium.inc or Large.inc) and see what each one of them means, i.e. change value, save the INC, refresh the skin, etc.

To add a meter displaying other things in that single CPU skin, edit the corresponding INC file from C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Grayhound\@Resources\Meters folder. For example, if the 4 Cores.ini skin variant is loaded, then the corresponding INC file would be Meters-4-Cores.inc in the said folder. There, you would probably just copy paste a similar meter and, among other things, modify its Y to "insert it" between the desired original meters.

Naturally, you would need a measure that you can link the newly inserted meter to, in its MeasureName=... option. To add a measure, you'd follow a similar approach, by editing the C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Grayhound\@Resources\Measures\Measures-CPU.inc file, where you would write the appropriate measure (whose name you'll use in the MeasureName option of the aforementioned meter above). Now I don't know what you mean by CPU "type", as this can mean various things, but generally, you could use a Registry measure similar to the [getCPUDisplayName] from this INC file (or even edit its Substitute option in order to display more information from the queried registry key than it currently does) to achieve this.

Bottom line, it's about editing a couple of lines from 3 files. Yes, I know, not as easy for a beginner, but trying things is the only way to learn. Obviously you can still ask if you don't know how to to something.

P.S. How can you easier figure out which variable from Normal.inc / Medium.inc / Large.inc to modify to achieve a certain effect? Simple: just look in the Meters-N-Cores.inc file that your loaded INI variant is using, and see what variables and formulas are used in the Y=... option of the meter whose vertical position you want to change (e.g. LegendYPos, CanvasHeight, MeterYPos and such).
AdrianJC

Post by AdrianJC »

Thank you both some things are a bit clearer now so i'm gonna fingle with these info.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

AdrianJC wrote: October 25th, 2020, 1:37 pm Thank you both some things are a bit clearer now so i'm gonna fingle with these info.
Nice! :thumbup: Good luck trying things out, and don't hesitate to ask for help again if you somehow stumble in the process. ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

AdrianJC wrote: October 25th, 2020, 1:37 pm Thank you both some things are a bit clearer now so i'm gonna fingle with these info.
Completely agree with Yincognito. :thumbup:
AdrianJC

Post by AdrianJC »

Hello it's me again, so like I said i'm starting from scratch with bits and pieces from other skins as an example.
What I see is that it's not wise to use Perfmon anymore because it's depricated, I'm wondering what be a good plugin to read drive info.
I really like the way how the "SysMon" skin does his job, but it is based on the older Perfmon and it needs to be updated.
Here's a part of that script any tips you guys have to improve/update it?

Code: Select all

[SSD1IOGather]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=PerfMon
PerfMonObject=LogicalDisk
PerfMonCounter="Disk Bytes/sec"
PerfMonInstance=#SSD1#

[SSD1TotalGather]
Measure=FreeDiskSpace
Drive=#SSD1#
Total=1
UpdateDivider=-1

[SSD1UsedGather]
Measure=FreeDiskSpace
Drive=#SSD1#
InvertMeasure=1

[SSD1IOLine]
Meter=Line
MeasureName=SSD1IOGather
X=0
Y=0
H=30
W=200
LineCount=1
AutoScale=#DriveScale#
LineWidth=#LineWidth#
LineColor=#LineColor#
GraphStart=#Direction#
AntiAlias=#AntiA#

[SSD1IOHist]
Meter=Histogram
MeasureName=SSD1IOGather
X=0
Y=0
H=30
W=200
AutoScale=#DriveScale#
GraphStart=#Direction#
PrimaryColor=#HistogramColor#
AntiAlias=#AntiA#

[SSD1Title]
Meter=String
X=0
Y=32r
StringStyle=Bold
FontFace=#Font#
FontSize=#FontHeight#
FontColor=#TitleColor#
SolidColor=#MouseBiteColor#
AntiAlias=#AntiA#
Text="SSD #SSD1#"
UpdateDivider=-1

[SSD1TotalData]
Meter=String
MeasureName=SSD1TotalGather
X=50r
Y=0r
FontFace=#Font#
FontSize=#FontHeight#
FontColor=#DataColor#
NumOfDecimals=1
AutoScale=1
AntiAlias=#AntiA#
Text="%1B"
UpdateDivider=-1

[SSD1UsedPercentTitle]
Meter=String
X=65r
Y=0r
StringStyle=Bold
FontFace=#Font#
FontSize=#FontHeight#
FontColor=#TitleColor#
AntiAlias=#AntiA#
Text="USED"
UpdateDivider=-1

[SSD1UsedPercentData]
Meter=String
MeasureName=SSD1UsedGather
X=35r
Y=0r
FontFace=#Font#
FontSize=#FontHeight#
FontColor=#DataColor#
Percentual=1
NumOfDecimals=1
AntiAlias=#AntiA#
Text="%1%"
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Use FreeDiskSpace measures for sizes, UsageMonitor measures for rates and everything else. The latter is basically the better and more modern alternative for the old, obsolete PerfMon plugin.
AdrianJC

Post by AdrianJC »

Yincognito wrote: October 29th, 2020, 11:49 am Use FreeDiskSpace measures for sizes, UsageMonitor measures for rates and everything else. The latter is basically the better and more modern alternative for the old, obsolete PerfMon plugin.
Thnx gonna experiment with this
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

AdrianJC wrote: October 29th, 2020, 8:46 am Here's a part of that script any tips you guys have to improve/update it?
As Yincognito said, the UsageMonitor plugin is the best way to achieve what you want. This is an example how such a measure should look like:

Code: Select all

[SSD1IOGather]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=UsageMonitor
Category=LogicalDisk
Counter=Disk Read Bytes/sec
Name=#SSD1#
AdrianJC

Post by AdrianJC »

So if I'm correct that little change is all to it? (example by Balala)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

AdrianJC wrote: October 29th, 2020, 12:32 pm So if I'm correct that little change is all to it? (example by Balala)
Yep. Since it's the same source these plugins (e.g. PerfMon, UsageMonitor) interrogate (i.e. the Windows Performance Monitor and its counters), there isn't that much difference in syntax between the two.

EDIT: And yes, in your posted sample, since you only have one PerfMon measures and the rest shouldn't need changes, assuming they do what you want them to do, that's all that is needed: change that single measure.