It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:13 am

Recycle Bin context menu

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
mak_kawa

Recycle Bin context menu

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi all

Is there a way to open context menu for the Recycle Bin?

I can open Recycle Bin with the bang, [explorer.exe ::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}]**, but can't find the command (CLSID?) to open context menu.
** Of course, I can also open Recycle Bin with [!CommandMeasure SomeMeasure OpenBin].

As you know, the FileView plugin can open context menu for the drive by [!CommandMeasure SomeMeasure ContextMenu], but RecycleManager measure hasn't.

Any idea?
Active Colors

Re: Recycle Bin context menu

Post by Active Colors »

Hey mak_kawa,

The location for the recycle bin is
C:\$RECYCLE.BIN
You can try to access this directory through FileView plugin. Inside of that directory there will be the recycle bin and you call its context menu with the plugin.

-----------------------------

Also,
Do you want to have specifically the context menu, or you need just only some functionality? It should be quite simple to call the action to empty the recycle bin or open its settings.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Active Colors

Thank you for reply. "Open context menu by !CommandMeasure for FileView with Recycle Bin folder" is a good idea.... but unfortunately, there is a major problem.

This method can only open context menu for single path (ex. C:\$Recycle.Bin). I have multiple HDD/SSD drives. So, to open them, I have to set multiple FileView measures for Recycle Bin folders for all drives (ex. C:, D:, E:, F:...) and of course, multiple !Commandameasures too. But as a result of this, probably because of "modal" nature of the context menu, I get only single context menu for the first drive (ex. C:).

Windows' Recycle Bin icon is "virtualized" and integrated for all drives in system. So, even if I have multiple drives, Recycle Bin's contents and context menu is single for all drives.

I want to open such integrated context menu for Recycle Bin with Rainmeter. Sorry for my fancy demand (and also bad English)... :-)

---------------------------------------
Hi CyberTheWorm

I can't find the way to open context menu in the RecycleManager documents page. I found only OpenBin and EmptyBin which I already know/use...

=====================
Ps.: There is no specific practical advantage in simulating Windows' Recycle Bin icon with Rainmeter skin/meter. But in Rainmeter, we can change/switch its icon according to Recycle Bin's item number and size. For example, when Recycle Bin size is over 1GB, icon becomes to furious alert red... isn't it fun? :-)
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

I have maybe a somewhat lame idea...

Why not make you bin with the full/empty percentages, but have it be click through to the actual bin under it?

We use that trick all of the time but usually in the same skin rather than click-through to the recycle bin underneath it...

Maybe I am over simplifying it but it sounds rational to me (lol 'rational')
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi CodeCode

So, you mean 1) "place Windows' Recycle Bin icon beneath the Rainmeter icon meter (non-transparent)" and 2) "set the skin to click-through state" and 3) "open context menu of Windows' Recycle Bin with right-mouse click"?

It is an interesting idea... :-)
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Too bad there is no way for the recycle bin to follow the context overlay around if you need to move it.

But yes. A skin concealing the recycler but having no click surface and be 'click through'. IIRC it can be set programmatically or in RM manager for the image overlay.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: October 13th, 2020, 9:30 pm This method can only open context menu for single path (ex. C:\$Recycle.Bin). I have multiple HDD/SSD drives. So, to open them, I have to set multiple FileView measures for Recycle Bin folders for all drives (ex. C:, D:, E:, F:...) and of course, multiple !Commandameasures too. But as a result of this, probably because of "modal" nature of the context menu, I get only single context menu for the first drive (ex. C:).
You can't open multiple context menus neither for Windows elements (for more folders or files), nor in Rainmeter. As yourself said, it's simply against the "nature" of the Windows OS.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

mak_kawa,
Do you exactly need to have the context menu itself, or you want the actions from that context menu? I can possibly help you to make actions to "Open" and "Empty" the recycle bin, and open its "Properties".
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Active Colors wrote: October 14th, 2020, 4:08 pm I can possibly help you to make actions to "Open" and "Empty" the recycle bin, and open its "Properties".
The Open and Empty can be simply accessed through the appropriate bangs of the RecycleManager measure, but how would you access the properties?