It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:50 am

need some help ..

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: need some help ..

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: September 29th, 2020, 6:13 pm it's again changed so i have to figure out how to do this again...
Is the HTML code of site changing frequently? Is this what are you suggesting? Because if you do, that's sad. Depends on how frequently is it changing.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: September 30th, 2020, 1:15 pm let's skip this it's not eazy to get all info and parts it work with placeholders where the image should be so it's not gonna be eazy to do...
Yeah, might be. So are you renouncing?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: October 1st, 2020, 2:45 am it's just to difficult to make balala,
i can't make it ..the parts are there but not in a normal way it getting the code of the images from some where else and fills it in...
so you need multiple request to get one item join them to get it all working .. ;-)

but got my volumio streamer running smooth now :P :Whistle
If you talk about RSS feeds, then yes, the order might be different at times, but as long as you "normalize" the feed string first, it shouldn't be a problem. Bottom line, it's all about designing the regexes appropriately - just saying.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: October 8th, 2020, 11:57 am Bottom line, it's all about designing the regexes appropriately
In all skins using WebParser measures this is the main task. If this is solved, practically the skin is more or less ready.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: October 8th, 2020, 12:05 pm In all skins using WebParser measures this is the main task. If this is solved, practically the skin is more or less ready.
True that.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: October 9th, 2020, 9:59 am this one had 2 steps..

1. getting the code of the image
2 .and the second part is the normal way but you have to include de grabbed code from the image in the second grab... :o
Yeah, I got that already. A bit of redundancy in the process indeed - that's why I never bothered with showing "preview" images when designing my own feed aggregator. I don't know the specifics of your cases, but in general terms, those images may or may not exist (not to mention having to poll the site multiple times to get them), while the other feed fields are otherwise much more "stable", so grabbing only the stable fields and letting the unstable ones be displayed on an actual visit to the feed link seemed the best option, at least for me.

It is what it is. I guess a good deal of redundancy in this would be eliminated if, say, the Image meter would be able to use image links (along local image paths) in their ImageName option.