It is currently April 26th, 2024, 11:39 am

need some help ..

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: need some help ..

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: September 28th, 2020, 11:26 am measure pulls the measureImage1 that goes well that is: d0lxhcda86mn
but i have to use it like this "https://media.nu.nl/m/[MeasureImage1]_std320.jpg"
and download the image how does the measure look like to do this ...
First: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28421#p148358
You didn't post the parent WebParser measure ([MeasureWeb]), so we can't get the [MeasureImg1] measure to download the image. Please post it.
But there are some other problems as well. For instance the name of the appropriate measure in the MeasureName option of an Image meter doesn't have to contain the brackets, so replace the MeasureName=[MeasureImg1] option with MeasureName=MeasureImg1 ([MeterHighlight1] meter).
So post the missing WebParser measure please.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: September 28th, 2020, 12:42 pm pssst this old script writen by b..... trying to get just in... ( net binnen )
[MeasureImg1] remove download=1 then it will work..
this measure doesn't work [MeasureImg1]
I can't follow you here, but I know for sure what is the problem. You have to disable the [MeasureImg1] measure (adding a Disabled=1 option), then, when the [MeasureWeb] measure finishes parsing the data and the [MeasureImage1] measure gets its value, you have to enable and update the [MeasureImg1] measure. For this add the previously mentioned Disabled=1 option to the [MeasureImg1] measure. Now when you're refreshing the skin, you get the [MeasureImg1] measure disabled. To enable and update it, add the following FinishAction option to the parent WebParser measure ([MeasureWeb]): FinishAction=[!EnableMeasure "MeasureImg1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureImg1" "Update"].
Additional notes:
  • The StringIndex option is not needed on those WebParser measures which are downloading an image (and have a Download=1 option) - in this case the [MeasureImg1] measure. Remove it.
  • In my previous reply I warned you to remove the brackets from the MeasureName=[MeasureImg1] option of the [MeterHighlight1] meter, but they are still there. This way the meter doesn't work, so please replace the MeasureName=[MeasureImg1] option with MeasureName=MeasureImg1.
  • Obviously you have to do the same updates on all measures which are downloading images and all corresponding Image meters.
If you did all this, do you get working the skin now?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: September 28th, 2020, 2:33 pm it's a old script writen by u i'm trying to get the new version of the site other with regexp ect working ...
and i didn't know that i have to do that disable=1 and the other part i didn't see it yet ... :D
Yep, because if you don't do this, when the parent WebParser measure parses the data and the child measure gets its value (in this case when [MeasureImage1] gets its value), the subsequent measure [MeasureImg1] doesn't update, because due to its UpdateRate value, you get it updated only after more minutes (in this case after 10 minutes, the default value of the UpdateRate). Additionally when you're refreshing the skin, the [MeasureImg1] wants immediately to download the image, but it can't because the [MeasureImage1] measure didn't return a value so far. So, [MeasureImg1] should wait a few moments until it gets the image downloaded. If you're disabling it, it doesn't try to download the image on refresh. But when [MeasureImage1] gets its value, the URL option of the [MeasureImg1] measure is completed and the measure can be enabled and updated. These are done by the bangs of the FinishAction option of the [MeasureWeb] parent WebParser measure.
Did you get it working?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: September 28th, 2020, 3:19 pm i didn't try it yet... but gonna
Ok, please let me know if you got it working well.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: September 29th, 2020, 7:22 am still a problem to multiply them .... 1 works second one doesn't show... :?
this is what i'm trying to grab .... https://www.nu.nl/net-binnen
tried

Code: Select all

FinishAction=[!EnableMeasure "MeasureImg1"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureImg2"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureImg1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureImg2"][!Update]
I'd be extremely surprised to get the [MeasureImg1] measure working, because the posted !CommandMeasure bangs are both wrong. A such !CommandMeasure bang requires at least two parameters: a measure name and an argument. In you case only the measure name is posted in both !CommandMeasures, no arguments. The argument of both bangs would be Update, so add it not as a distinct bang, but as argument of the !CommandMeasure bangs, so replace the FinishAction option with FinishAction=[!EnableMeasure "MeasureImg1"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureImg2"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureImg1" "Update"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureImg2" "Update"].
No need to update the skin, so you can get rid of the [!Update] bang.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: September 29th, 2020, 1:29 pm is there a * version of this possible with wildcard? ?

Code: Select all

FinishAction=[!EnableMeasure "MeasureImg*"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureImg*" "Update"]
???
No, there is not. For the EnableMeasure bang might be, if you create a group of measures and use a !EnableMeasureGroup bang instead of the individual !EnableMeasure bangs, but the !CommandMeasure bang doesn't have such a grouping option, you have to add them one by one. So I believe doesn't worth to create such a group.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: September 29th, 2020, 2:34 pm so if i put them in group=balala we could bang them to getter? :D blalala gang bang :o i have 10 to make maybe usefull to keep it clean..
but why didn't they include command measure with the * looks like half a job :P
and other question how to alter the date and time to be a normal time and date?
You have to add a Group=MyGroup (obviously you can name it as you want) option to each of the [MeasureImg1], [MeasureImg2] and so on measures. If you did this, you can replace the [!EnableMeasure "MeasureImg1"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureImg2"]... bangs with the more simpler and shorter [!EnableMeasureGroup "MyGroup"].
But unfortunately as said, the !CommandMeasure bang doesn't accept such a grouping, so you still have to use them individually, like [!CommandMeasure "MeasureImg1" "Update"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureImg2" "Update"]....
The only way to use the * is to enable all measures of the skin, with a [!EnableMeasure *] bang.This bang enables all measures of the current skin. But still no solution to the !CommandMeasure bang, they still have to be added one by one.

Note at this point that this kind of approach is probably much or less valid for a programming language (for lua, for instance), but Rainmeter is not a programming language, so in many cases you have to add the needed bangs one by one (unless you're creating a group of measures and/or meters and using that group - for most bangs this is possible, !CommandMeasure being an exception from this point of view).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: September 29th, 2020, 3:34 pm i will post the full version till img3 i got it working but on 4 it shows nothing .. getting bit nuts ...
You have to create for all of those images similar measures and meters. If you want, just post the code, let's see it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: September 29th, 2020, 3:34 pm i will post the full version till img3 i got it working but on 4 it shows nothing .. getting bit nuts ...
[MeasureImage4] (and the following [MeasureImage5], [MeasureImage6] and so on) doesn't return a string, so the appropriate [MeasureImg4], [MeasureImg5], ... can't download image.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: September 29th, 2020, 5:00 pm so they made it more difficult to fetch damn ... have to look in to it what's wrong ...
if i see it looks like they are the same on the site but will look what's going on...
Check the HTML code of the site. There probably are some differences.