It is currently April 24th, 2024, 10:39 pm

WebNowPlaying companion not connected to Rainmeter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: WebNowPlaying companion not connected to Rainmeter

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: September 12th, 2020, 1:10 pm If a site demands I switch off my ad blocker, I just seek a different site. In rare cases, I have disabled ad block, but usually to find the ads were not worth the trouble of using that site.

I also have a tirade regarding web players - their sole purpose is to market music and anything that will support that endeavour. I keep all of my music locally, and I paid for JRiver music player. Rainmeter and JRiver get along very nicely.
Yep, indeed. There are also sites asking this nicely, like a "Please consider disabling your ad-blocker to support us."-like phrase somewhere big and transparent. If I like the site and the ads are not intrusive or problematic, I may add an exception in the ad blocker just for that ad site and just for that main site. Simple example at RegExr - if your ad blocker is active, notice the text in the bottom left corner of the page. Now THAT is what I call nice, transparent and unintrusive advertising presentation. This is how every site should look like in that regard, instead of trying to go behind the user's back with more or less nasty things. I bet that if the advertising was done like that from the start (and using clean ad sites) on every site out there, nobody would use ad blockers nowadays.

This doesn't invalidate what I said before regarding the relation between advertising and product quality, as a general rule.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

To allow ws://127.0.0.1:6437 on certain websites (for this purpose the major music sites supported by WebNowPlaying) - double tapping Ctrl will show the green option to allow individual rules, and the right hand column (local) will apply it to only the current site.
uBlock WNP Allow.png
Another way is to right click uBlock Origin > Extension Options > My rules, then in the temporary rules column, can add these lines:

Code: Select all

music.amazon.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
play.google.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
soundcloud.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
tidal.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
www.pandora.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
www.spotify.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
www.twitch.tv 127.0.0.1 * allow
www.youtube.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
then click Save and Commit to make them permanent. I didn't test each one since I don't have all those services, but it's worked for Youtube, Soundcloud, Google Play Music; the free services that I could get to play in the moment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qua9chuoi9

Post by qua9chuoi9 »

You need to install the .rmskin or copy the plugins in to the correct folder if you are doing a manual install and it will work fine.
After you need
Copy exactly plugin WebNowPlaying follow rainmeter x32 or x64 to Rainmeter\Plugins\WebNowPlaying.dll. replace it.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Alex88 wrote: September 13th, 2020, 12:01 am To allow ws://127.0.0.1:6437 on certain websites (for this purpose the major music sites supported by WebNowPlaying) - double tapping Ctrl will show the green option to allow individual rules, and the right hand column (local) will apply it to only the current site.
uBlock WNP Allow.png

Another way is to right click uBlock Origin > Extension Options > My rules, then in the temporary rules column, can add these lines:

Code: Select all

music.amazon.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
play.google.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
soundcloud.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
tidal.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
www.pandora.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
www.spotify.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
www.twitch.tv 127.0.0.1 * allow
www.youtube.com 127.0.0.1 * allow
then click Save and Commit to make them permanent. I didn't test each one since I don't have all those services, but it's worked for Youtube, Soundcloud, Google Play Music; the free services that I could get to play in the moment.
Or, if you also have uMatrix installed as an extension in your browser, you can similarly block / allow / reset to default various permissions for specific sites:
uMatrix.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth