It is currently September 24th, 2020, 4:31 am

How to glow effect on visualizer

Help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito

Re: How to glow effect on visualizer

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: September 11th, 2020, 4:17 pm ow glowing in the dark :P we could do it like that yes :) :sly: looks like a neon bar a bit :P
Haha, yes. As I said, the actual glow effect can be best replicated by using a radial gradient in a Shape meter, or even generally using a gradient that "fades" from opaque to transparent. This is obviously not the case here, but it can be done, assuming good math skills to position and / or rotate that Shape precisely as its corresponding Roundline.
dvo

Post by dvo »

so you could even make it like a light-saber ... that responding to the music lol there are many way's to use the glow :P
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: September 11th, 2020, 10:49 am It's VisBubble, he mentioned it already.
Right, indeed. Its name have been written as Visbubble (not VisBubble, as I'm used with it), so I didn't realize this is the skin.
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: September 11th, 2020, 4:27 pm so you could even make it like a light-saber ... that responding to the music lol there are many way's to use the glow :P
Yeah, something like:

Code: Select all

[Bar]
X=40
Y=40
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,[Frame],4 | Fill Color 255,0,0,255 | StrokeWidth 40 | Stroke RadialGradient GlowGradient
GlowGradient=0,0,0,0,([Frame]/2+20+[Frame]/5),(4/2+20) | 255,0,0,255 ; 0.0 | 255,0,0,0 ; 1.0
DynamicVariables=1
Replace [Frame] with any measure value (preferably an incrementing one, so you can notice how it looks at different sizes) and you'll get this:
Shape Glow.png
Not perfect, since an ellipse cannot approximate a rectangle properly and Rainmeter can do only linear and gradial gradients and not gradients that "follow along" a variable shape, but still, much better than using a single color, right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Yincognito on September 11th, 2020, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: September 11th, 2020, 5:17 pm Right, indeed. Its name have been written as Visbubble (not VisBubble, as I'm used with it), so I didn't realize this is the skin.
Oh, I didn't even notice that difference, all I saw was that it started with a capital letter and been a regularly used skin name, so... :D
It's not a problem anyway. ;-)

P.S. By the way, thanks for sharing your approach on a rotating globe a while ago, I just made mine using a similar Bitmap meter (a 105840 x 294 px TIFF file at roughly 60 MB). :thumbup:
Last edited by Yincognito on September 11th, 2020, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dvo

Post by dvo »

lol other thing this looks like cylon or night rider effect :P if you could move it from left to right lol
i use after effect for this normaly... there are a few ways to make a globe balala made one to in his skin mirage... with options added..
Last edited by dvo on September 11th, 2020, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: September 11th, 2020, 5:26 pm lol other thing this looks like cylon or night rider effect :P if you could move it from left to right lol
Yeah, it's the cyclonic Yincognito night rider effect... 8-) Buyaka! :sly:
dvo

Post by dvo »

you can create a globe with lose gif's to ... works to...
we could find more then effects that could be created a always have a ton of idea's
i don't know if it's possible but that it's tracing the letters like follow the line of the letter should be nice or make burning effect from white yellow orange red dark red till brown..to black and that walking the line of a box ... you get a burning effect and instead of a ellipse a curve frome small to wide ...
dvo

Post by dvo »

if there is a way to layer effects so multiple layers and sizes you could create nice effects... :D
hi balala :P we where playing with glow effect..
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: September 11th, 2020, 5:23 pm Oh, I didn't even notice that difference, all I saw was that it started with a capital letter and been a regularly used skin name, so... :D
It's not a problem anyway. ;-)
Yep, for me this was enough to not realize what skin is the OP talking about.
Yincognito wrote: September 11th, 2020, 5:23 pm P.S. By the way, thanks for sharing your approach on a rotating globe a while ago, I just made mine using a similar Bitmap meter (a 105840 x 294 px TIFF file at roughly 60 MB). :thumbup:
Not sure which approach are you talking about, but I'm glad if I helped.
Have you tried your skin with and without Hardware acceleration? Because here on the forum seems that there are some cases when the Hardware acceleration creates problems on my RotatingGlobe, so I'd be curious if it does for you as well.