It is currently April 25th, 2024, 8:18 am

Monstercat Visualiser - Hide Cover/Song Information instead of Volume Bars

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Meritt

Monstercat Visualiser - Hide Cover/Song Information instead of Volume Bars

Post by Meritt »

Hi, im using Monstercat Visualiser by Marcopixel and i wanted to hide cover and song information when any song from ex. YouTube is not playing. I saw option "Hide skin when media player is not running" but when i enable it, visual bars hiding too. I tried editing config but nothing happened... :/ Im waiting for any ideas!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Monstercat Visualiser - Hide Cover/Song Information instead of Volume Bars

Post by balala »

Meritt wrote: September 7th, 2020, 12:18 am Hi, im using Monstercat Visualiser by Marcopixel and i wanted to hide cover and song information when any song from ex. YouTube is not playing. I saw option "Hide skin when media player is not running" but when i enable it, visual bars hiding too. I tried editing config but nothing happened... :/ Im waiting for any ideas!
Montercat is an extremely weird skin, which doesn't like to get rewritten its code. However what you can do is to comment out / remove the Group option of the [Rainmeter] section of the Monstercat-Visualizer\visualizer.ini file.
I'm not sure this won't cause troubles on long term. Please check it and if any trouble does occur, let me know.
Meritt

Post by Meritt »

balala wrote: September 7th, 2020, 9:54 am Montercat is an extremely weird skin, which doesn't like to get rewritten its code. However what you can do is to comment out / remove the Group option of the [Rainmeter] section of the Monstercat-Visualizer\visualizer.ini file.
I'm not sure this won't cause troubles on long term. Please check it and if any trouble does occur, let me know.
I tried it and now i had small problem with cover which is not hiding properly. I have to reload skin after i close site (YouTube) because Monstercat Cover is still visible.
Meritt

Post by Meritt »

Oh, nevermind, now it's hiding but after a while (like 15 seconds). I think it may be if it cannot be otherwise.

PS: Sorry for bad english :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Meritt wrote: September 7th, 2020, 12:15 pm Oh, nevermind, now it's hiding but after a while (like 15 seconds). I think it may be if it cannot be otherwise.
So it is hiding after 15 seconds? Did I understand well? Because for me it is not hiding at all if I commented out the mentioned Group option and I set on the "Hide skin when media player is not running" checkbox in the Monstercat-Visualizer\Settings\general.ini skin.
Meritt

Post by Meritt »

balala wrote: September 7th, 2020, 2:04 pm So it is hiding after 15 seconds? Did I understand well? Because for me it is not hiding at all if I commented out the mentioned Group option and I set on the "Hide skin when media player is not running" checkbox in the Monstercat-Visualizer\Settings\general.ini skin.
Yes, cover hiding after 15 seconds when i deleted:
[Rainmeter]
Group=MonstercatVisualizer | Spectrum
Update=10
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
in visualiser.ini (only in this plugin i set on the "hide skin when media player is not running" checkbox)

Additionally i have 3 separately plugins from Monstercat - for cover/song information and 2 visual bars (maybe that's why it works for me).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Meritt wrote: September 7th, 2020, 10:36 pm Yes, cover hiding after 15 seconds when i deleted: in visualiser.ini (only in this plugin i set on the "hide skin when media player is not running" checkbox)
Let's restart, because there is something wrong. The cover and song information should hide if you check the "Hide skin when media player is not running" setting. Beside them on the original skin, the visualizer was also hidden when no song was playing.
In order to keep the visualizer not hidden, no matter is song is playing or not (this is what have asked for), you have to comment out / remove the Group=MonstercatVisualizer | Spectrum option from the [Rainmeter] section of the Monstercat-Visualizer\visualizer.ini skin. So even if you do this, the cover will anyway be hidden when there is no song playing AND you checked the above setting.
Have I misunerstood something?
Meritt wrote: September 7th, 2020, 10:36 pm Additionally i have 3 separately plugins from Monstercat - for cover/song information and 2 visual bars (maybe that's why it works for me).
I suppose you have three meters, not three plugins, however I'm not sure why this matters.
Meritt

Post by Meritt »

balala wrote: September 8th, 2020, 11:45 am Let's restart, because there is something wrong. The cover and song information should hide if you check the "Hide skin when media player is not running" setting. Beside them on the original skin, the visualizer was also hidden when no song was playing.
In order to keep the visualizer not hidden, no matter is song is playing or not (this is what have asked for), you have to comment out / remove the Group=MonstercatVisualizer | Spectrum option from the [Rainmeter] section of the Monstercat-Visualizer\visualizer.ini skin. So even if you do this, the cover will anyway be hidden when there is no song playing AND you checked the above setting.
Have I misunerstood something?

I suppose you have three meters, not three plugins, however I'm not sure why this matters.
It's all fine - it works I how I want it to work...
I have 3 meters because there is no way to add multiple visualizers in the same skin (or I don't know how to do it...) - so I've cloned one of them.

Cover now hides itself when nothing is playing without visualizer bars - and that's how I want it to work, so thanks for that :D

One question - is there any way to lower the delay before song info is hidden? Currently it's 15 seconds or so...

Thanks
Meritt

Post by Meritt »

I think i managed on my own and now it's works instantly. :)
Thanks for help me.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Meritt wrote: September 8th, 2020, 1:09 pm I have 3 meters because there is no way to add multiple visualizers in the same skin (or I don't know how to do it...) - so I've cloned one of them.
The skins belonging to this package have much more then only three meters. I suppose you've meant that there are three information, like title, artist and the bars, but I'm not sure. But there definitely are much more then three meters.
Meritt wrote: September 8th, 2020, 1:09 pm Cover now hides itself when nothing is playing without visualizer bars - and that's how I want it to work, so thanks for that :D
Alright, I'm glad.
Meritt wrote: September 8th, 2020, 4:04 pm I think i managed on my own and now it's works instantly. :)
Alright, I'm glad again.