It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 7:47 pm

Making an entire skin clickable with SolidColor=0,0,0,1

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Making an entire skin clickable with SolidColor=0,0,0,1

Post by Mor3bane »

Hello,

I thought we could set SolidColor in the [Rainmeter] section?

But it is not working for me, is there an prescribed way?
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
mak_kawa

Re: Making an entire skin clickable with SolidColor=0,0,0,1

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Mor3bane

This works well for me.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!Log Left-clicked!]
RightMouseUpAction=[!Log Right-clicked!]
So, my guess is... you are missing BackgroundMode=2 to fill skin background with SolidColor??

BTW, contrary to my expectation, mouse cursor doesn't change when hover on the skin. I am not sure why.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

mak_kawa wrote: September 5th, 2020, 2:14 am Hi Mor3bane

This works well for me.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!Log Left-clicked!]
RightMouseUpAction=[!Log Right-clicked!]
So, my guess is... you are missing BackgroundMode=2 to fill skin background with SolidColor??

BTW, contrary to my expectation, mouse cursor doesn't change when hover on the skin. I am not sure why.

BackgroundMode=2 seems to have done the trick. No mouse over pointer but thats fine.

Thank mak_kawa :great:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Hey on a further, can the size of the click area be set - as in smaller than the total skin size?
My DevArt Gallery

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mor3bane wrote: September 5th, 2020, 2:42 am Hey on a further, can the size of the click area be set - as in smaller than the total skin size?
Not in the [Rainmeter] section of the skin. You would have to define a meter.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

jsmorley wrote: September 5th, 2020, 2:51 am Not in the [Rainmeter] section of the skin. You would have to define a meter.
Yep, found that out in the manual - or didn't find what i was looking for - however, I found a work around that sits fine for now.
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: September 5th, 2020, 2:41 am BackgroundMode=2 seems to have done the trick.
The explanation why this option has to be added is that the default value fo BackgroundMode is 1 (which means Transparent background), not 2, so if you want to set a solid background color, you have to add explicitely the BackgroundMode=2 option to the [Rainmeter] section.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

I wound up using jsmorley's idea, and created an overlay image meter for my click surface. Now the size of the click area is not unnecessarily too large - which prevented clicking on adjacent skins.

Happy, happy, joy, joy. :bow:
My DevArt Gallery