It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:56 am

GPU Bar [SA EdgeSys]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Ainv

GPU Bar [SA EdgeSys]

Post by Ainv »

Link of skin: https://www.deviantart.com/akiyama4809/art/SA-EdgeSys-786553635

Problem: The bar on the GPU usage monitor, upon refreshing the skin makes the gpu monitor([mBarGPU]) show 100% and it doesn't adjust correctly as you will see on the picture below.
Capture.PNG
The [mPercent] which is the number on top of the bar is correct only after using Percentual = 0 instead of the default which is 1.

Looking forward to fixing this, if you need more information comment away and I'll respond ASAP.

EDIT: SOLUTION
mak_kawa wrote: August 21st, 2020, 11:58 pm Hi Ainv

I am not sure if this can solve your issue, because I didn't actually examine the SA EdgeSys skin. But... what if you add these two lines to [GPU1MemUsg] measure in GPU.inc?

Code: Select all

MinValue=0
MaxValue=4096
Value of MaxValue= is your GVRAM size in MB unit.
Hello! Thank you for your suggestion.

However what I did was use the "MaxValue=100". Why? I believe the problem falls on HWInfo sending non-percentual values to the rainmeter. And by inputting a max value of a 100 it would show the proper values in HWinfo and the GPU monitor as seen in the picture below.

Legend:
Encircled values are my edits.
Boxed values are the results.
Capture3.PNG
I guess problem solved! Thank you very much.

Although, I'll be honest it still bothers me why the values sent were wrong, and if my observation is actually correct. Cheers though.

If anyone else have other suggestions, go ahead and I'll try it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ainv on August 22nd, 2020, 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
mak_kawa

Re: GPU Bar [SA EdgeSys]

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Ainv

I am not sure if this can solve your issue, because I didn't actually examine the SA EdgeSys skin. But... what if you add these two lines to [GPU1MemUsg] measure in GPU.inc?

MinValue=0
MaxValue=4096
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Ainv wrote: August 21st, 2020, 11:21 pm Link of skin: https://www.deviantart.com/akiyama4809/art/SA-EdgeSys-786553635

Problem: The bar on the GPU usage monitor, upon refreshing the skin makes the gpu monitor([mBarGPU]) show 100% and it doesn't adjust correctly as you will see on the picture below.

Capture.PNG

The [mPercent] which is the number on top of the bar is correct only after using Percentual = 0 instead of the default which is 1.

Looking forward to fixing this, if you need more information comment away and I'll respond ASAP.
In addition to mak_kawa's answer, you can try commenting out (i.e. add a ; at the start of the line) the TransformationMatrix line, see if it helps. Personally, I use a different program for getting monitoring values, other than HWiNFO, so I can't test the skin.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Ainv

Post by Ainv »

mak_kawa wrote: August 21st, 2020, 11:58 pm Hi Ainv

MinValue=0
MaxValue=4096
Hello! Thank you for your suggestion.

However what I did was use the "MaxValue=100". Why? I believe the problem falls on HWInfo sending non-percentual values to the rainmeter. And by inputting a max value of a 100 it would show the proper values in HWinfo and the GPU monitor as seen in the picture below.

Legend:
Encircled values are my edits.
Boxed values are the results.
Capture.PNG

Although, I'll be honest it still bothers me why the values sent were wrong, and if my observation is actually correct. Cheers though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yincognito wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 12:04 am In addition to mak_kawa's answer, you can try commenting out (i.e. add a ; at the start of the line) the TransformationMatrix line, see if it helps. Personally, I use a different program for getting monitoring values, other than HWiNFO, so I can't test the skin.
Commenting the transformation matrix makes the bar rectangle, hence why I believe the problem lies in either how the values are being received or sent. Thank you though!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Ainv wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 1:02 amHowever what I did was use the "MaxValue=100". Why? I believe the problem falls on HWInfo sending non-percentual values to the rainmeter. And by inputting a max value of a 100 it would show the proper values in HWinfo and the GPU monitor as seen in the picture below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commenting the transformation matrix makes the bar rectangle, hence why I believe the problem lies in either how the values are being received or sent. Thank you though!
Ah, yes, I should have realized the transformation matrix made the rectangle have that funky shape - my bad. Glad you sorted it out following the direction in mak_kawa's answer though. :thumbup:

I don't think HWiNFO sent the wrong values - I believe it sent the 0 to 100 values, corresponding to the percentage. The fact that you needed to set the MinValue=0 and MaxValue=100 on the measure was probably because Rainmeter/HWiNFO didn't set those min and max values automatically for the measure, thus requiring you to set them manually. This is fairly common, as not every measure out there is automatically set like that. Since we're at it, a look at the Rainmeter Log (and not necessarily at the HWiNFO values) would have been more useful to include in the screenshot, as you can clearly see there what those min max values are, in the Range column. Also, a look at the measure is always useful, since it bears an equal or even greater relevance than the meter in certain cases. But then, to be fair, you did post the link to the skin, so maybe we should have examined that for details in the first place. ;-)

All in all, I think the manual entries here and here explain quite well why setting MinValue, MaxValue on the measure and Percentual on the meter were needed.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi All

I was completely misunderstanding about MaxValue= option... :-) Really sorry.