It is currently April 16th, 2024, 10:35 am

[Solved] Question for the experts

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CyberTheWorm

[Solved] Question for the experts

Post by CyberTheWorm »

I'm making up a skin that will monitor all drive on a computer and automatically add the measure if the drive is there or hide it if it not, for example plugging in a USB disk.

My question, is it better to do this all in 1 skin, which I'm doing or would it be better to do it in a different way like lua?
Last edited by CyberTheWorm on August 21st, 2020, 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Question for the experts

Post by jsmorley »

CyberTheWorm wrote: August 21st, 2020, 1:04 am I'm making up a skin that will monitor all drive on a computer and automatically add the measure if the drive is there or hide it if it not, for example plugging in a USB disk.

My question, is it better to do this all in 1 skin, which I'm doing or would it be better to do it in a different way like lua?
I think I'd just do it in one skin. I don't see that Lua adds a lot of value to this.

Just have measures and meters for drives C-Z and then hide / show them as needed.
CyberTheWorm

Re: Question for the experts

Post by CyberTheWorm »

jsmorley wrote: August 21st, 2020, 1:15 am I think I'd just do it in one skin. I don't see that Lua adds a lot of value to this.

Just have measures and meters for drives C-Z and then hide / show them as needed.
Thanks, not too good with lua yet
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page