It is currently April 24th, 2024, 10:07 pm

InputText Plugin: "..Cannot access a disposed object." Random error message.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
_3D_

InputText Plugin: "..Cannot access a disposed object." Random error message.

Post by _3D_ »

I am randomly and often encountering an error where the InpuText plugin seems to refuse to set its focus when clicking, im noticing the skin window loses focus momentarily to the plugin but then immediately reverts focus back to the skin, the log shows the following error message (depending on the field I was trying to edit):

Code: Select all

InputText: Exception System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'InputBox'. (RainTask\ButtonEdit\ButtonEditor.ini - [ChangeVariable2])
An immediate skin refresh doesn't seem to solve it either, although spamming does seem to force it to work, sometimes, Has anyone else encountered this issue?
Last edited by _3D_ on August 20th, 2020, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yellow on white is seldom a good idea.
My DeviantArt Page
_3D_

Re: InputText Plugin: "..Cannot access a disposed object." Random error message.

Post by _3D_ »

Nevermind, i think found the issue:

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plugins/inputtext/

"Note: InputText is incompatible with skins set to Stay Topmost, or AlwaysOnTop=2, as the conflict between the input field, which requires "focus", and the constant attempts by the skin to stay on "top", in front of the input field, will not allow InputText to function correctly."
Yellow on white is seldom a good idea.
My DeviantArt Page