Re: Sliders...

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: August 10th, 2020, 4:58 pm And a helpful guy? :sly:
Thank you.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

brax64 wrote: August 10th, 2020, 5:01 pm Yes that 's the skin.
Alright, I'm taking a look immediately.
brax64 wrote: August 10th, 2020, 5:01 pm Well, I like your approach on how to solve problems, and your knowledge about Rainmeter it seems, at least to me as a beginner as myself, bottomless.
There are,obviously, many other great people here (i.e. jsmorley, eclectic-tech, Yincognito just to name a few and may many others...) that I love to follow that have a very deep knowledge of this software and coding in general but, more often then not, you go for the extra miles to get at the very bottom of the issues.
And with that I don't mean that the others don't do that, it just a feeling, like you like better a writer respect others...
Thank as well you for the appreciations.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

brax64 wrote: August 10th, 2020, 3:23 pm yes, the skin is working now, but if you want to have a look and maybe suggest any kind of optimization that would be great.
Not too much. Just the DynamicWindowSize=1 option of the [Rainmeter] section doesn't make too much sense. If you set a size for the skin (through the SkinWidth and SkinHeight) options, there is no need to set on the dynamic size for the skin.
And a question: the three colored dots are opening the same menu. This was your intention?
brax64

Post by brax64 »

balala wrote: August 10th, 2020, 5:33 pm Not too much. Just the DynamicWindowSize=1 option of the [Rainmeter] section doesn't make too much sense. If you set a size for the skin (through the SkinWidth and SkinHeight) options, there is no need to set on the dynamic size for the skin.
Yep, forgot to delete it, I started with a sort of template with generic [Rainmeter] section that I modify as needed along he way...
And a question: the three colored dots are opening the same menu. This was your intention?
Yes, the 3 dots it's a sort of a logo for the whole suite of which this launcher is part of and, btw, has been a nice interesting challenge to get it right how i wanted it!

Thanks for your time balala, and wow! if these are the only 2 things you've to say, I feel proud of myself! :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

brax64 wrote: August 10th, 2020, 5:44 pm Yes, the 3 dots it's a sort of a logo for the whole suite of which this launcher is part of and, btw, has been a nice interesting challenge to get it right how i wanted it!
I had the feeling that those three dots should open three different menus, but if this is / was your intention, it's alright.
brax64 wrote: August 10th, 2020, 5:44 pm Thanks for your time balala, and wow! if these are the only 2 things you've to say, I feel proud of myself! :D
At least for now these were what I saw. But in any case you can be proud of yourself, you did a good job, don't worry. And if you keep working you'll do even better over time. So, good luck and don't hesitate to ask if any new questions arise...
brax64

Post by brax64 »

balala wrote: August 10th, 2020, 5:55 pm I had the feeling that those three dots should open three different menus, but if this is / was your intention, it's alright.
You know what? I didn't think about that when I planned to build this skin, but this could be an interesting path to follow to develop further the functionality of this little thing...
At least for now these were what I saw. But in any case you can be proud of yourself, you did a good job, don't worry. And if you keep working you'll do even better over time. So, good luck and don't hesitate to ask if any new questions arise...
Thank you very much!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

brax64 wrote: August 10th, 2020, 6:02 pm You know what? I didn't think about that when I planned to build this skin, but this could be an interesting path to follow to develop further the functionality of this little thing...
If you think, go ahead and give it a try. Maybe it worth.