It is currently April 26th, 2024, 12:02 pm

Sliders...

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
brax64

Re: Sliders...

Post by brax64 »

dvo wrote: August 10th, 2020, 9:30 am do you know how to create a rmskin?
Slider_1.0.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brax64

Post by brax64 »

dvo wrote: August 10th, 2020, 9:45 am missing all the slide back parts....
The slide movement in and out is done by the 3 dot text, click once and the bars show up, click again and the bars go away...
the text inside the bar is reacting to the mouse, I can see the cursor changing, the problem is the when you click it, the associated app won't start, it only works on the 3rd bar (the calculator)
brax64

Post by brax64 »

dvo wrote: August 10th, 2020, 9:56 am so you don't want it to close on click ...oke not the nice option by click? but on (in front of the dots..)
correct, once I click on a bar to start an app I want the menus still there, I'll hide them with the 3 dots buttons
brax64

Post by brax64 »

dvo wrote: August 10th, 2020, 10:09 am i copied to all the calculator link all links work ... so it's the link to your app that's wrong :D
the code is oke ... the background,icon does nothing only on the text you have the link ...
It was the very first thing I checked even before posting for help; I did checked again right now and the location are correct...
brax64

Post by brax64 »

dvo wrote: August 10th, 2020, 10:15 am i think it's a spaces problem ... in between the text
Found the culprit, I'm gonna cry...
so I've written my variables at the beginning as
app1="C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe" (with quote)
and the trigger as LeftMouseUpAction=[#app1#] (without quote)
for all 3 apps; the Calcualtor was working and the other 2 don't.
Now I chaged to
app1=C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe (without quote...)
and the trigger as
LeftMouseUpAction=["#app1#"] (with quote)
and boom... now everything's ok... I would like to use some trivial language but better don't...
Anyway thank you very much dvo for your patience...

Cheers
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

brax64 wrote: August 10th, 2020, 10:43 am Found the culprit, I'm gonna cry...
so I've written my variables at the beginning as
app1="C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe" (with quote)
and the trigger as LeftMouseUpAction=[#app1#] (without quote)
for all 3 apps; the Calcualtor was working and the other 2 don't.
Now I chaged to
app1=C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe (without quote...)
and the trigger as
LeftMouseUpAction=["#app1#"] (with quote)
and boom... now everything's ok... I would like to use some trivial language but better don't...
Anyway thank you very much dvo for your patience...

Cheers
Yeah, Rainmeter strips any begin+end quote pair from app1="C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe", so you're left with C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe when this is used. On the other hand, bangs in which you directly execute a command need the quotes around the commands themselves and their parameters, so this is why the LeftMouseUpAction=["#app1#"] form was needed. I stumbled on this in my new Launcher skin as well the other days: I knew I had to add the quotes (e.g. ["#Command#"]) and did it, but I had a program with a parameter which already had quotes around the program name and the parameter, so I was left with 2 choices, both of them bad: add the quotes and fail on command with parameters, or remove the quotes and fail on commands without parameters. In the end, I removed the quotes entirely, running the thing as [#Command#], but made adding the quotes a requirement when in the input / (variable) declaration phase (so they could be placed wherever they were needed), and then everything worked.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
brax64

Post by brax64 »

Yincognito wrote: August 10th, 2020, 11:45 am Yeah, Rainmeter strips any begin+end quote pair from app1="C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe", so you're left with C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe when this is used. On the other hand, bangs in which you directly execute a command need the quotes around the commands themselves and their parameters, so this is why the LeftMouseUpAction=["#app1#"] form was needed. I stumbled on this in my new Launcher skin as well the other days: I knew I had to add the quotes (e.g. ["#Command#"]) and did it, but I had a program with a parameter which already had quotes around the program name and the parameter, so I was left with 2 choices, both of them bad: add the quotes and fail on command with parameters, or remove the quotes and fail on commands without parameters. In the end, I removed the quotes entirely, running the thing as [#Command#], but made adding the quotes a requirement when in the input / (variable) declaration phase (so they could be placed wherever they were needed), and then everything worked.
The thing that brought me completely off course has been that app3="C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe" with
LeftMouseUpAction=[#app3#] was working, so that fact unleashed a damning hell :twisted: :?
brax64

Post by brax64 »

well, I like it! Did accomplish a little something :)

launcher.mp4
Launcher_1.0.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

brax64 wrote: August 10th, 2020, 12:00 pm The thing that brought me completely off course has been that app3="C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe" with
LeftMouseUpAction=[#app3#] was working, so that fact unleashed a damning hell :twisted: :?
Probably because it's a "system app" and Windows has it's path and everything already in its OS variables...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
brax64

Post by brax64 »

dvo wrote: August 10th, 2020, 1:31 pm i think it's the spaces in the url....

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe

has no spaces... others do.... it breaks the url
C:\Program Files\paint.net\PaintDotNet.exe

Have no spaces and it was not working either...