It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:15 pm

Spectrum v3 launcher keeps opening documents folder

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Bumblre

Spectrum v3 launcher keeps opening documents folder

Post by Bumblre »

The title says it all. I try to open blender while it is installed and it opens the documents folder.
The path for blender in the launcher options matches the path in my computer

Any help is apreciated
Alex88

Re: Spectrum v3 launcher keeps opening documents folder

Post by Alex88 »

The latest Spectrum v3 Launcher looks to be from Sept 2018 on deviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/birdalliance/art/SPECTRUM-Launcher-v3-for-Rainmeter-762183493

I don't see a option to change the file path within the launcher itself, and it looks that settings.inc within the @Resources folder is the intended way to adjust which programs are launched, their images, etc. (can right click the button on the launcher and select Launcher Settings). Check if line 75 in settings.inc has the correct path to your installation of blender.
Spectrun v3 Blender.png
I don't have blender installed but I tried it with different programs and their paths and it does launch them if I change the path at that line.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Bumblre wrote: August 7th, 2020, 4:18 am The title says it all. I try to open blender while it is installed and it opens the documents folder.
The path for blender in the launcher options matches the path in my computer
Same way as for Alex88, it does work for me as well for other programs (but I also don't have installed blender). You should check the Group1Launcher2Action variable within the Spectrum V3\@Resources\settings.inc included file. How that variable does look like? Are you sure it is ok?
Bumblre

Post by Bumblre »

My path is "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\blender.exe" and that is the correct path. i follow and see blender.exe click it and it opens.
So the path isn't the problem it seems
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Bumblre wrote: August 9th, 2020, 11:55 pm My path is "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\blender.exe" and that is the correct path. i follow and see blender.exe click it and it opens.
So the path isn't the problem it seems
For first, to check, add the following extremely simple Image meter, to open belnder. I'm curious if this does work:

Code: Select all

[MeterBlender]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=255,0,0
X=0
Y=0
W=25
Y=25
LeftMouseUpAction=["#Group1Launcher2Action #"]
This gonna add a red rectangle to the upper left corner of your skin. If you click it, it should open belnder. If it does properly, please let me know, if it doesn't, replace the LeftMouseUpAction option with LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\blender.exe"].
So does work any of the above two LeftMouseUpAction option?