It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:25 am

fading trough 3 colors... how to do it?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: fading trough 3 colors... how to do it?

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote: August 9th, 2020, 4:04 pm
This is wildly off-topic, but since you posted your desktop, I have a question for you. How come your Rainmeter icon in your system tray is all Windows 10 and moderny, and mine is more the traditional appearance? Mine looks like the logo at the top of this page. Just curious... I'm using a fairly recent 4.4 beta.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dvo wrote: August 9th, 2020, 4:14 pm normal use is no problem, ip is a part of your standaard way to talk around the world but if some one wants bad things it starts with that ...
btw dmz and firewall should be enough to keep them out .... and if you want to be safe .. don't use windows it's like cheese... with a lot of holes :P
I would argue that almost 100% of the time, "bad things" are due to careless behavior on what is "outbound" from your PC, not unsolicited "inbound" traffic. Not being sure that your PC is free from trojans and viruses, which can be used to sniff out and transmit "private" stuff you really don't want going out, falling for various "fishing" or "redirect" traps on remote sites that capture information you type in, and probably most of all, not using different passwords on every site you log into, those are the ways "bad things" happen.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote: August 9th, 2020, 4:17 pm This is wildly off-topic, but since you posted your desktop, I have a question for you. How come your Rainmeter icon in your system tray is all Windows 10 and moderny, and mine is more the traditional appearance? Mine looks like the logo at the top of this page. Just curious... I'm using a fairly recent 4.4 beta.
Edit Rainmeter.ini and add this:

Code: Select all

[TrayMeasure]
Measure=Calc
Formula=1
TrayMeter=Bitmap
TrayBitmap=Icon\RainmeterWhite.ico
In Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Icon\ add:

RainmeterWhite.zip

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/settings/traymeasure-section/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Cripes... RTFM, eh? ;) Thanks!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Yeah, we talked about this a while ago, jsmorley - about the desktop work area and such - and I remember your way of dealing with that. You're perfectly right on IPs and such, by the way, if someone really wants to attack your machine and assuming he knows what he's doing, hiding the IP in screenshots isn't going to accomplish much, at best delay the inevitable. In general it's all about best or common sense practices when online and a top protection made up of multiple layers. Nice trick with the tray icon, by the way. 8-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

SilverAzide wrote: August 9th, 2020, 4:17 pm This is wildly off-topic, but since you posted your desktop, I have a question for you. How come your Rainmeter icon in your system tray is all Windows 10 and moderny, and mine is more the traditional appearance? Mine looks like the logo at the top of this page. Just curious... I'm using a fairly recent 4.4 beta.
Since this thread's subject has already "wandered into the weeds" :lol:

If you want to get even more notification icon options, you could try RainIcon for starters. :Whistle
It copies the needed code of 20 icons or 2 histograms to your clipboard and you paste that into 'Rainmeter.ini', replacing any existing [TrayMreasure] section. Refresh All and "Voila!" a new notification style.

To return to the default icon, simply delete [TrayMeasure] from 'Rainmeter.ini'.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: August 9th, 2020, 7:05 pm Since this thread's subject has already "wandered into the weeds" :lol:
Nice work, eclectic-tech! :great: Too bad I keep my tray icons (other than battery, volume and wifi) hidden... :(
And don't you worry, I'll get this thread back on track and out of them weeds soon enough, so take advantage of the situation while you can. :lol:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: August 9th, 2020, 2:31 pm And here is my promised code, based precisely on your code:
Obviously I'm saying the same thing as I did before:
balala wrote: August 9th, 2020, 11:11 am Obviously there are more possible solutions to the same problem. Mine was one of them.
Same applies now as well.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 9th, 2020, 7:23 pm Obviously I'm saying the same thing as I did before:
Same applies now as well.
Yeah, but some are shorter than others... 8-) Like ... outrageously shorter. :D
After all, it was you who said:
balala wrote: August 8th, 2020, 6:48 pmUnfortunately I added even more measures...
So I thought, why not giving a helping hand with that? :confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: August 9th, 2020, 7:34 pm Yeah, but some are shorter than others... 8-) Like ... outrageously shorter. :D
After all, it was you who said:

So I thought, why not giving a helping hand with that? :confused:
Alright. I don't contest anyone's (your) code is better then mine. :thumbup: