It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:03 am

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
vijayFH

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by vijayFH »

Hi Yincognito

I have been downloaded your 3 ini.file, only Vista Glass Sidebarmeter ini.file is working, but no weather is showing, the other both ini.files did not showing on screen. :confused:

Thanks that you have modificated the Measure.
I won't help you with that, sorry - you'd have to ask someone else. If you wanted to do that and use Yahoo in Vista Rainbar, you should have said it from the start.
It´s Ok, i respect your desicion. And thank you again, for your help.

Hi balala,

i have follow your instruction, and as you see in the pic, weather section did not working.
I know you and Yincognito trying your best, to the best result, and of course you both using new measure and meters for ini. file that the weather work best, but i think it is better to use the yahoo link, as others, because i don´t know mybe my hardware or my software have problem, but not with yahoo, i don´t know why.

The more work is done on this sidebar wetter, the more it confuses me, as there are always new things in ini.file. I just wanted to integrate Rainbar's weather into the sidebar. With 3 weather forecast, sunrise, sunset, wind speed, minimum and maximum temperature. And yahoo link, and the weather icons from Rainbar weather. That's all. So my question in the first post was whether the Rainbar weather can be brought back to life.
I know you want what you do with the weather section, that it goes well, and in the ini.file you put everything that Rainmeter has to offer so that the weather ini.file is up to date.
As already mentioned, I am not familiar with programming, and I don't know what to do next.

Nevertheless, I would like to thank you both for your help.

Lg
vijay
Attachments
SidebarNew.png
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 25th, 2021, 1:27 pm Hi Yincognito
I have been downloaded your 3 ini.file, only Vista Glass Sidebarmeter ini.file is working, but no weather is showing, the other both ini.files did not showing on screen. :confused:
That was NOT for you, it was meant to help balala help you (that became unnecessary after he found the old working sidebar, but it was appropriate at that time). But you're right, the same things happened to me when it came to the Sidebar versions that YOU posted (what I posted is basically an aggregate of what you posted as well): only the original worked.
vijayFH wrote: July 25th, 2021, 1:27 pmHi balala,

i have follow your instruction, and as you see in the pic, weather section did not working.
I know you and Yincognito trying your best, to the best result, and of course you both using new measure and meters for ini. file that the weather work best, but i think it is better to use the yahoo link, as others, because i don´t know mybe my hardware or my software have problem, but not with yahoo, i don´t know why.
The Sidebar posted by balala gets its weather data from Foreca.de. Not from Weather.com, not from Yahoo.com. That being said, even if it worked in the beginning, as you can see here:
Foreca.jpg
it did stop working after a while indeed:
Foreca2.jpg
In any case, both the Weather.com and the Yahoo.com sources work for you, your other screenshots proved it.

Here is a very simple skin that works with BOTH Weather.com AND Yahoo.com (although only one of them should be used in a skin)...

Skin:
WeatherTest_1.0.0.rmskin
(29.43 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Code:

Code: Select all

[Variables]

*** ONLY USE ONE OF THESE @INCLUDES; PUT THEM BEFORE AT THE START OF THE [VARIABLES] SECTION IN YOUR SKIN ***

; *** For Weather.com
; @Include1=#@#WeatherComJSONVariables.inc
*** For Yahoo.com
@Include4=#@#YahooComVariables.inc

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

*** ONLY USE ONE OF THESE @INCLUDE GROUPS; PUT THEM BEFORE ANY MEASURES AND METERS IN YOUR SKIN ***

; *** For Weather.com
; @Include2=#@#WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc
; @Include3=#@#WeatherComJSONMoon.inc

*** For Yahoo.com
@Include5=#@#YahooComMeasures.inc

---Measures---

; *** For Weather.com (optional; use only if you do something else than just getting data in the measure, otherwise skip)
; [MeasureWeatherComTemperature]
; Measure=String
; String=[@CurrentTemperature]
; DynamicVariables=1

*** For Yahoo.com (optional; use only if you do something else than just getting data in the measure, otherwise skip)
[MeasureYahooComTemperature]
Measure=String
String=[.CurrentTemperatureC]
DynamicVariables=1

---Meters---

; *** For Weather.com, use for the meter's MeasureName options either: 1) @CurrentTemperature or similar; 2) MeasureWeatherComTemperature or similar
; [MeterWeatherComTemperature]
; Meter=String
; FontFace=Consolas
; FontColor=255,255,255,255
; SolidColor=47,47,47,255
; Padding=5,5,5,5
; FontSize=16
; AntiAlias=1
; MeasureName=MeasureWeatherComTemperature
; Text="Temperature (Weather.com) = %1°"
; DynamicVariables=1

*** For Yahoo.com, use for the meter's MeasureName options either: 1) .CurrentTemperatureC or similar; 2) MeasureYahooComTemperature or similar
[MeterYahooComTemperature]
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
FontSize=16
AntiAlias=1
MeasureName=MeasureYahooComTemperature
Text="Temperature (Yahoo.com) = %1°"
DynamicVariables=1
Preview (for both Weather.com and Yahoo.com):
Weather.com.jpg
Yahoo.com.jpg

Read the instructions starting with *** very carefully. You can switch from using Yahoo.com to Weather.com by commenting (a line starting with ; means Rainmeter sees it as a comment and ignores the line) the Yahoo.com parts and uncommenting the Weather.com parts. You can use almost any measure you like instead of the current temperature measure, it will work (see the WeatherComMeasureNamesReference.txt and YahooComMeasureNamesReference.txt files in @Resources folder for a list for each data source). This is what needs to be done in your Sidebar too, for every old measure or meter you'd have to replace or modify the code to look similar with this one. Of course, there are other things in the sidebar, like formulas, bangs and others, that make such a task considerably harder, but these things here IS SOMETHING YOU CAN DO AS WELL. The .INC files in the @Resources folder are key to have this (or any weather skin, more or less) work properly.
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi Yincognito and Hi balala

i would like to say thanks you for your help, and that you both try to help me to understand Rainmeter.
But it is not easy for me to understand this matter, i know you both trying to explain me how it work, but i give up.

Thanks again for your help, and thanks that you have take your time and help me.

Lg
vijay
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 25th, 2021, 9:31 pm i would like to say thanks you for your help, and that you both try to help me to understand Rainmeter.
But it is not easy for me to understand this matter, i know you both trying to explain me how it work, but i give up.
don't give it up, I rewrote the SideBar, replacing its Weather section, to get it properly working. I practically added the Weather skin of my Mirage. Attached you get the installer. Please try it out and let me know how does it work. After installing it, take care to add manually the geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude) and the time zone you'd like to use, to the SideBar\@Resources\Settings.inc file. The skin definitely is not finished, but for first, as said, you should try it out, to see if it does meat your needs. If it does, later it can and has to be improved.
So does it working?
Attachments
SideBar_2.rmskin
(8.82 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:08 pmPlease try it out and let me know how does it work. After installing it, take care to add manually the geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude) and the time zone you'd like to use, to the SideBar\@Resources\Settings.inc file. So does it working?
For me, it does, after manually setting those variables:
SideBar_B.jpg
It remains to be seen if Vijay will give his ok or not. :???:
I was trying to do something similar these days. I'm glad I postponed it, since you got it working another way. I was luckier than the last time, although considering this doesn't use Yahoo as a source and neither the Vista Rainbar icons as images, it's possible that you'd still have to work on it to match the ... very interesting expectations. :)
vikingr

Post by vikingr »

Anybody can help me to get this old weather skin back to work?

Code: Select all

[Metadata]
Name=VeryFlatWeather

;End of added Metadata

[Variables]
Location=GMXX0051
########################
// For location, go to 
// http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/?q=tipsandtricksweathercode
########################
// For Celcius# change the Type to M and the Postfix to C
Type=M
postfix=C
########################

[mWeatherRSS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=1600
Url=https://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&unit=#Type#&dayf=6
RegExp="(?siU).*<locale>(.*)</locale>.*<ut>(.*)</ut>.*<ud>(.*)</ud>.*<us>(.*)</us>.*<up>(.*)</up>.*<ur>(.*)</ur>.*<loc id="(.*)">.*<dnam>(.*)</dnam>.*<tm>(.*)</tm>.*<lat>(.*)</lat>.*<lon>(.*)</lon>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<zone>(.*)</zone>.*<cc>.*<lsup>(.*)</lsup>.*<obst>(.*)</obst>.*<tmp>(.*)</tmp>.*<flik>(.*)</flik>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<bar>.*<r>(.*)</r>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<wind>.*<s>(.*)</s>.*<gust>(.*)</gust>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<hmid>(.*)</hmid>.*<vis>(.*)</vis>.*<uv>.*<i>(.*)</i>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<dewp>(.*)</dewp>.*<moon>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*"
StringIndex=1
IfAboveValue=1
IfAboveAction=!execute [!RainmeterHideMeter mWeatherDesc][!RainmeterHideMeter mWeatherTemp][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterText]
;Debug=1

[mWeatherTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[mWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=17

[mIcon]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[mWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=20

[MeterTemp]
MeasureName=mWeatherTemp
Meter=STRING
X=110
Y=0
FontSize=36
w=255
h=40
FontColor=18,31,73
StringStyle=NORMAL
StringAlign=CENTER
FontFace=ITC Avant Garde Pro Bk
Antialias=1
Postfix=°

[MeterIcon]
MeasureName=mIcon
Meter=IMAGE
X=113
Y=4
w=60
h=44
Antialias=1
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

vikingr wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 8:01 am Anybody can help me to get this old weather skin back to work?
Read this: Step-by-Step Basic Weather Skin Tutorial

That skin should be trivial since it is so simple.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vikingr wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 8:01 am Anybody can help me to get this old weather skin back to work?
Or besides SilverAzide's link, I recommend to try looking through the list of skins uploaded to the Weather section of Share Your Creations section and try finding a skin which meets your needs. There are some extremely interesting skins, which definitely worth taking a look.
The posted code uses an outdated source, which doesn't work anymore and it is quite big work to rewrite the skin. Not even sure it does worth...
bigi

Post by bigi »

SilverAzide wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 12:33 pm Read this: Step-by-Step Basic Weather Skin Tutorial

That skin should be trivial since it is so simple.
it works like charm
wawood8

Post by wawood8 »

Today, NONE of the weather skins are working anymore!

Is this indication of yet ANOTHER change in the way the skins have to work?

Or is this just a glitch in the weather info provider?