It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:22 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
vijayFH

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by vijayFH »

Hi balala

sorry i was to fast, and it was my mistake to delete the weather section, without any backup.

I have uploaded the file.

Lg
vijay
Attachments
NoWeatherInside.zip
(2.3 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 7:58 pm I have uploaded the file.
Yep, but not this is what I need. Please pack the Sidebar folder (config) as it is inside the Skins folder and upload that package.
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi balala,

it is the Sidebar Skin, without the Weather, i only rename it "NoWeatherInside"

Lg
vijay
Attachments
Sidebar.png
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hello to all :welcome:

I have now insert (Paste) Weather Alternativ V 1.0 ini.file in the Sidebar ini.file what i use. See please at the pic.

First problem why it did not show me the 3 weather forcast, and Max Temp and Min Temp, and the SunRise and SunSet alltough i have add the measur and the temp: I think the number of "StringIndex" must be wrong, but i don´t know wich number belong to wich "StringIndex"
Could you please help me to find out, what i´m doing wrong, or what did i have forget?

Or must change this:?
RegExp=(?siU)<h1 class="city.*data-reactid="7">(.*)</h1>.*<div class="My\(2px\).*60x60\/(.*)@2x.png.*data-reactid="26">(.*)<.*<span class="Va\(t\)" data-reactid="37">(.*)</span>.*"conditionCode":(.*),

Thx in advance

Lg
vijay

Code: Select all

[MeasureSunR]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=6

[MeasureSunS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=7

[MeasureTempMax]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=9

[MeasureTempMin]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=10

[MeasureWeatherDate1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=11
Substitute="Monday":"Montag","Tuesday":"Dienstag","Wednesday":"Mittwoch","Thursday":"Donnerstag","Friday":"Freitag","Saturday":"Samstag","Sunday":"Sonntag"

[MeasureWeatherTemp1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=12

[MeasureWeatherTempMin1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=13

[MeasureWeatherIcon1Def]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=14

[MeasureWeatherIcon1]
Measure=CALC
Formula=99000088 + (MeasureWeatherIcon1Def*1000)
Substitute="990":"","088":"sm.png"

[MeasureWeatherDate2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=15
Substitute="Monday":"Montag","Tuesday":"Dienstag","Wednesday":"Mittwoch","Thursday":"Donnerstag","Friday":"Freitag","Saturday":"Samstag","Sunday":"Sonntag"

[MeasureWeatherTemp2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=16

[MeasureWeatherTempMin2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=17

[MeasureWeatherIcon2Def]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=18

[MeasureWeatherIcon2]
Measure=CALC
Formula=99000088 + (MeasureWeatherIcon2Def*1000)

[MeasureWeatherDate3]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=19

[MeasureWeatherTemp3]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=20

[MeasureWeatherTempMin3]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=21

[MeasureWeatherIcon3Def]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=22

[MeasureWeatherIcon3]
Measure=CALC
Formula=99000088 + (MeasureWeatherIcon3Def*1000)

[TempMin1Shw]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTempMin1
Meter=STRING
X=22
Y=822
FontColor=#TxtColor#
StringStyle=NORMAL
FontSize=8
StringAlign=left
FontFace=#FontName#
Antialias=1
Postfix=°C

[Temp1Shw]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp1
Meter=STRING
X=22
Y=805
FontColor=#TxtColor#
StringStyle=NORMAL
FontSize=8
StringAlign=left
FontFace=#FontName#
Antialias=1
Postfix=°C

[Date1Shw]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherDate1
Meter=STRING
X=22
Y=790
FontColor=#TxtColor#
StringStyle=NORMAL
FontSize=8
StringAlign=left
FontFace=#FontName#
Antialias=1

[Icon2]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherIcon2
Meter=IMAGE
X=123
Y=800
W=42
H=34

[TempMin2Shw]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTempMin2
Meter=STRING
X=100
Y=822
FontColor=#TxtColor#
StringStyle=NORMAL
FontSize=8
StringAlign=left
FontFace=#FontName#
Antialias=1
Postfix=°C

[Temp2Shw]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp2
Meter=STRING
X=100
Y=805
FontColor=#TxtColor#
StringStyle=NORMAL
FontSize=8
StringAlign=left
FontFace=#FontName#
Antialias=1
Postfix=°C

[Date2Shw]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherDate2
Meter=STRING
X=100
Y=790
FontColor=#TxtColor#
StringStyle=NORMAL
FontSize=8
StringAlign=left
FontFace=#FontName#
Antialias=1

[Icon3]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherIcon3
Meter=IMAGE
X=185
Y=800
W=35
H=35

[TempMin3Shw]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTempMin3
Meter=STRING
X=168
Y=822
FontColor=#TxtColor#
StringStyle=NORMAL
FontSize=8
StringAlign=left
FontFace=#FontName#
Antialias=1
Postfix=°C

[Temp3Shw]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp3
Meter=STRING
X=168
Y=805
FontColor=#TxtColor#
StringStyle=NORMAL
FontSize=8
StringAlign=left
FontFace=#FontName#
Antialias=1
Postfix=°C

[Date3Shw]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherDate3
Meter=STRING
X=168
Y=790
FontColor=#TxtColor#
StringStyle=NORMAL
FontSize=8
StringAlign=left
FontFace=#FontName#
Antialias=1

[MeterSunR]
MeasureName=MeasureSunR
Meter=STRING
X=24
Y=860
FontColor=#TxtColor#
StringStyle=bold
FontSize=7
StringAlign=left
FontFace=#FontName#
Text="SunRise %1 "
Antialias=1

[MeterSunS]
MeasureName=MeasureSunS
Meter=STRING
X=178
Y=860
FontColor=#TxtColor#
StringStyle=bold
FontSize=7
StringAlign=center
FontFace=#FontName#
Text="SunSet %1 "
Antialias=1
Attachments
forcast.png
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 2:51 pmIs it possible to bring this Weather Skin back to life? Weather is not working. :(
I don't know my way around, I would be very happy if someone could help me.
This is the City, where i live. https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather/germany/hesse/langen-670056
Yincognito wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 4:41 pmI'll try showing some basic "beginning" to what such a rebuild would look like, now that the OP actually knows which skin he wants to use (this was an unknown quantity up until now, with about 3 or 4 skins being potential candidates).
I was cut off from the internet for a couple of hours because of a local malfunction so I couldn't post this earlier, but even if you're still undecided which skin to use, I did my part - here is the weather part of Vista Sidebar "brought back to life":
Vista Rainbar (fork by Yincognito)_4.6.0.4.rmskin
(6.51 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
Preview:
Vista Rainbar.jpg
Notes:
- I only modified / updated the INI you showed you use here, i.e. Weather Gadget #3 | Style 1+ or ...\Vista Rainbar\Weather\3\1+.ini; if you want to do the others too, you'd have to either ask someone else or try it yourself
- I based my modification on the original 4.6.0.3 version here on DeviantArt (credit to poiru)
- if you want to change the weather location, units or date / time format, edit the ...\Vista Rainbar\@Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file yourself (those things are pretty self explanatory, but you can check the guides / info posted by SilverAzide if you don't know something)
- you can look and compare the added files from the \@Resources folder, and the INI file in the original skin I mentioned above with my similar but forked INI file if you want to see what should be done to "upgrade" such a skin (if you use a file comparison tool, you'll be able to notice the differences right away, and even use the things you learned to edit the other weather skin variants in the Vista Rainbar suite)
Last edited by Yincognito on July 23rd, 2021, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 4:43 am it is the Sidebar Skin, without the Weather, i only rename it "NoWeatherInside"
Indeed however there is a problem: when trying to activate the included SideBar.ini, nothing is shown on the screen and in log I got some "Unable to open: SomeImage" error messages. This is caused by the fact that for instance the image used as background (in the Background=#@#bg321.png option of the [Rainmeter] section) should reside in the @Resources folder, but in fact it is the root config (so in the NoWeatherInside folder). But there are some other similar mistakes as well.
So, I'm not sure now what has gone on there, but something is not alright with this skin. If the skin is loading well for you, please pack the whole SideBar folder within the Skins folder and upload the package as it is, without changing anything into it.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 5:59 pm Indeed however there is a problem: when trying to activate the included SideBar.ini, nothing is shown on the screen and in log I got some "Unable to open: SomeImage" error messages. This is caused by the fact that for instance the image used as background (in the Background=#@#bg321.png option of the [Rainmeter] section) should reside in the @Resources folder, but in fact it is the root config (so in the NoWeatherInside folder). But there are some other similar mistakes as well.
So, I'm not sure now what has gone on there, but something is not alright with this skin. If the skin is loading well for you, please pack the whole SideBar folder within the Skins folder and upload the package as it is, without changing anything into it.
Now you understand why I said I wouldn't touch that skin? :D It is a complete mess, honestly, at least from a structural POV or compared to today's "standards". I managed to get it "working" (well, sort of), by copying almost all the related images Vijay posted since we started this talk right in the same folder where the INI was. I renamed a couple of icons to match their names in the INI, basically making the mess even more messy than it was, and then somehow managed to make it work on my smaller resolution monitor by applying a scaling transformation matrix to every meter in the skin (like in the other thread where you discussed this with SilverAzide). It took longer to deal with the images than with TM, since the latter was just a regex substitution in Notepad++ dealing with all meters.

Personally, I couldn't work with that skin, it was too old, broken and chaotic, even for me. Hopefully you'll be able to do it better since parts of it are codes of yours since years ago.

P.S. Unfortunately, after managing to make it show stuff, there was that break in posting here (translations and such), so after 2 days I deleted the result. If I still had it, I would have uploaded it here, but even if I did, I'm not sure you would have managed to wrap your head around the structure there - my opinion. :confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 6:23 pm Now you understand why I said I wouldn't touch that skin? :D It is a complete mess, honestly, at least from a structural POV or compared to today's "standards". I managed to get it "working" (well, sort of), by copying almost all the related images Vijay posted since we started this talk right in the same folder where the INI was. I renamed a couple of icons to match their names in the INI, basically making the mess even more messy than it was, and then somehow managed to make it work on my smaller resolution monitor by applying a scaling transformation matrix to every meter in the skin (like in the other thread where you discussed this with SilverAzide). It took longer to deal with the images than with TM, since the latter was just a regex substitution in Notepad++ dealing with all meters.

Personally, I couldn't work with that skin, it was too old, broken and chaotic, even for me. Hopefully you'll be able to do it better since parts of it are codes of yours since years ago.

P.S. Unfortunately, after managing to make it show stuff, there was that break in posting here (translations and such), so after 2 days I deleted the result. If I still had it, I would have uploaded it here, but even if I did, I'm not sure you would have managed to wrap your head around the structure there - my opinion. :confused:
Yep, you are right, however I remember when we've worked with it many years ago. And then it was working well for sure. To be honest in meantime I removed it, since I wasn't using it (Mirage replaced it), so I don't have anymore a working copy of it (yes, from time to time I use to clean a little bit the Skins folder, which, since I'm installing almost daily new skins, tend to enlarge too much).
So same here: if a working package won't be posted, will be hard enough to work with it. Hope vijayFH has a such working version, but as said, the posted package can't even be activated. Or in fact can be activated, but nothing is shown on screen, due to the missing background image (placed into another location than indicated by the Background option).
So waiting for a functional package...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 6:44 pmSo waiting for a functional package...
I managed to "recreate" my earlier "mess with the mess" approach and managed to make all 3 INI-s there "work", albeit only the original Vista glass sidebar meter.ini works properly - maybe it's of some help, although I doubt it:
Sidebar.rar
(3.61 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
P.S. SideBar Modificated.ini also has the weather part that was deleted by Vijay recently, by the way.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 7:47 pm I managed to "recreate" my earlier "mess with the mess" approach and managed to make all 3 INI-s there "work", albeit only the original Vista glass sidebar meter.ini works properly - maybe it's of some help, although I doubt it:
Well, in fact I'm still waiting for vijayFH's SideBar, because that one is the one we (I) should work with. Thanks, but still waiting...