It is currently April 18th, 2024, 2:32 am

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
vijayFH

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by vijayFH »

Hi death.crafter

yes it is a old ini.file
If you want to replicate it and make another skin, you can try that by learning the Ways of Rainmeter
Belive me, i have spend many of times try to understand this matter, but no chance.

A good friend has try to explain me this to understand, but i don´t understand this, it is to complicated for me like Mathematik.

There are enough Weather skin, but not with the same weather icons, and that is the reason, why i would like to use this old Skin.

And start a new weather ini.file with the old weather icons, that is out of my imagination, because i don´t understand this matter.

i hope you understand, it is not easy for me, and who has time to slove this problem, most of us are busy, and they have private life too.

Lg
vijay
Der Computer ist die logische Weiterentwicklung
des Menschen: Intelligenz ohne Moral.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Yincognito wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 4:41 pm I'll try showing some basic "beginning" to what such a rebuild would look like, now that the OP actually knows which skin he wants to use (this was an unknown quantity up until now, with about 3 or 4 skins being potential candidates).
I've described the retro-fitting process elsewhere (I forget where), but it essentially boils down to:
1. Add the @Include=... line for the template(s).
2. Delete all the existing WebParser measures and any other measures that depend on them.
3. Replace all references in the meters to the new template measures.

The final exercise can be to create a new "location picker" skin or re-skin the one in the template project to match the look of the existing suite being retrofitted. Retro-fitting actually fairly simple and quick (comparatively) once you get familiar with it thanks to the templating technique.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 5:08 pm I've described the retro-fitting process elsewhere (I forget where), but it essentially boils down to:
1. Add the @Include=... line for the template(s).
2. Delete all the existing WebParser measures and any other measures that depend on them.
3. Replace all references in the meters to the new template measures.

The final exercise can be to create a new "location picker" skin or re-skin the one in the template project to match the look of the existing suite being retrofitted. Retro-fitting actually fairly simple and quick (comparatively) once you get familiar with it thanks to the templating technique.
Precisely, that was what I was thinking as well. :thumbup: Throw a couple of measure reference replacements to show how it's done. The location picker is not an issue, editing the variables file is easier in this case.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

vijayFH wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 5:02 pm
As it happens the same is true for us.

We really don't remake skins. Helping you remake it as far as we would go.

No offense though. If it were some other clock skin we would have considered.

But weather? I haven't made a single one in my Rainmeter history. The reason being, it needs a lot of work, and it changes, a lot.
Other being, I can just look out of the window :rolmfao:
But that's just some of us. Someone may try to do it. Wait till then. :great:
from the Realm of Death
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

vijayFH wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 5:02 pm i hope you understand, it is not easy for me, and who has time to slove this problem, most of us are busy, and they have private life too.
We understand, but we're all busy and have a life too. It is the policy of these forums that we will help you create a skin or help debug one, but we are not here to do all the work for you. You need to invest some effort too. If you don't have the time, it is best if you simply find a working weather skin that most closely suits your needs. There is a list of known working weather skins here, and you can search DeviantArt as well, there are many skins there that may or may not work.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi SilverAzide

Thanks for the information, i will try this out the tutorial.

Lg
vijay
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi Yincognito

I think i have started my first post Confused, sorry for that.

As you know, i use Sidebar modificated by balala. Only the weather did not working, because i did have not updated the Sidebar ini.file for few years ago.

This month i have started for first time my computer again, and updated from windows 10 to windows 11, and installed the Rainmeter, and the sidebar again.

The Weather Alternativ V1.0 is using yahoo link, and there is no problem, and it is working.

You help me with the Weather Alternativ V1.0 that i could see now the weather icon from the old Vista Rainbar weather. See please the pic.
My mistake was that i forgot to give you my feed back, sorry for that.
The ini.file of Weather Alternativ 1.0 that you have modificated that it show the old icons from Rainbar weather V.1.0, but not all weather icons.
See please the pic. And not the background png like blue, Black, orange...

I wanted only that, the Weather Alternativ V 1.0 should so modificated the show me the weather icons from Rainbar Weather, plus 3 days forcast and sunrise and sunset, and wind speed and wind direction. and Max temperatur and Min temperatur.

Later so i can add this modificated weather Alternativ V. 1.0 ini.file in the sidebar what i use. Thats all.

Sorry, if i have make all this so complicated.

Lg
vijay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 6:43 pm As you know, i use Sidebar modificated by balala. Only the weather did not working, because i did have not updated the Sidebar ini.file for few years ago.
First please pack the whole Sidebar as you have it now and upload the package here (or if it's too large - because I suppose it will be - to a filehost service). I know I worked very much with it, but unfortunately I don't have the suite anymore.
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi balala,

i have delete the weather ini.file in the sidebar sorry, i was to quick with delete, because i thought i could use the Weather Alternativ V.1.0 what Yincognito modificated with the old icons from Vista Rainbar.

Sorry in the sidebar there no weather section anymore. :confused:

Anyway thanks for your help, and thanks to the others guys too. :thumbup:

Lg
vijay
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 7:28 pm i have delete the weather ini.file in the sidebar sorry, i was to quick with delete, because i thought i could use the Weather Alternativ V.1.0 what Yincognito modificated with the old icons from Vista Rainbar.

Sorry in the sidebar there no weather section anymore. :confused:
And you don't have a backup? I suppose you don1t have, which is a little bit unfortunate, but finally doesn't matter. The Weather will anyway rewritten, so just upload the package please (without the Weather).