It is currently November 27th, 2020, 8:27 am

Weather Skins Not Working

Help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
klgrube

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by klgrube »

I see. I didn't enter "USA" into the second prompt. That was it. I'll know that next time. Thanks again!
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

klgrube wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 3:48 pm I see. I didn't enter "USA" into the second prompt. That was it. I'll know that next time. Thanks again!
Yeah, remember that there are more countries than the US in the world, not to menion Californias or Escondidos... :D The more precise the location you enter is, the more accurate the response.
dgmele

Re: Weather Skins Not Working - This is the only allowed thread about this

Post by dgmele »

jsmorley wrote: August 1st, 2020, 3:39 pm Throwing away all decimal places is probably fine with a units of measure of "e" (Imperial) as I think visibility is always returned in whole miles.
Because I'm using Imperial units my inelegant solution is to add the following substitution to my skin:

Code: Select all

[CurrentVisibilityDistance]
Measure=String
Group=Weather
String=[@CurrentVisibilityDistance]
Substitute="1.000":"1","2.000":"2","3.000":"3","4.000":"4","5.000":"5","6.000":"6","7.000":"7","8.000":"8","9.000":"9","10.000":"10"
DynamicVariables=1
Last edited by balala on August 7th, 2020, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are posting code snippets. It's the </> button.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

klgrube wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 3:48 pm I see. I didn't enter "USA" into the second prompt. That was it. I'll know that next time. Thanks again!
From v.2.9.2 location search input 's been changed. Now enter all the data such as city, county, country etc. in the only input text field.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skins Not Working - This is the only allowed thread about this

Post by balala »

dgmele wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 5:54 pm Because I'm using Imperial units my inelegant solution is to add the following substitution to my skin:
A little bit more elegant is the following substitution: Substitute=".000":""
Mylasthorcrux

Post by Mylasthorcrux »

jsmorley wrote: July 29th, 2020, 3:38 pm I'm looking at it. It looks like the format of the JSON code has changed a bit, with some leading and trailing \ characters added to the keys and values.

I don't know how much effort will be involved in fixing this, and I can't be certain yet that this is in fact a real, permanent change. I will be working on it and watching the site today.

EDIT:

Ok, I think I have fully addressed the new issues with the weather.com site.

Please get the .rmskin at: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=34628#p171501

Alternatively, if you have a skin that YOU wrote that was based on the @Include .inc files that come with this skin, you can simply get this:

@IncludeFiles.zip

And copy all the .inc files from that .zip into the @Resources folder of your skin.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE!

The new approach of using the API for the weather.com JSON requires a change to how you access a particular location.

All of the location "codes", like USVA0944 or bbd510e73cb5870f973cea9253bb1f9bfe239a129dfc2b89589cbb6d2d46b4bc or 22308 and such are NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

The new approach requires that you provide a Latitude and Longitude in the WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file. See that file for details on how you can get that for your location.

Please read WeatherCOMJSONVariables.inc carefully, it HAS changed.
Thnx ;-)

bravo-lemur

Post by bravo-lemur »

As of this afternoon, I'm getting "Wrong format" errors for a bunch of recently-patched weather skins again (e.g. Weatherbox, Lottaweather). Anyone have an idea what the cause is?
dvo

Post by dvo »

JsMorley .... weather is buggy again .. :-( it's happening again... hopefully it will come back 2 morrow....
bottom part is nearly empty ...of your skin... guys the pro's have to look in to it and this will take some time ... so waiting will not help 4 now
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: August 20th, 2020, 8:54 pm JsMorley .... weather is buggy again .. :-( it's happening again... hopefully it will come back 2 morrow....
bottom part is nearly empty ...of your skin... guys the pro's have to look in to it and this will take some time ... so waiting will not help 4 now
Yeah, I don't think it's something serious, just some minor section name changes in the forecast area (e.g. getSunV3DailyForecastUrlConfig is now getSunV3DailyForecastWithHeadersUrlConfig). The API JSON method doesn't seem to be affected by this, at least for me, but the main page JSON parsing might need some (hopefully) minor tweaks.
bravo-lemur

Post by bravo-lemur »

Yincognito wrote: August 20th, 2020, 9:38 pm Yeah, I don't think it's something serious, just some minor section name changes in the forecast area (e.g. getSunV3DailyForecastUrlConfig is now getSunV3DailyForecastWithHeadersUrlConfig). The API JSON method doesn't seem to be affected by this, at least for me, but the main page JSON parsing might need some (hopefully) minor tweaks.
Sorry for the totally noob-ish question, but can you point me in the direction of where to check those section names so I can update the skin I'm using? Thanks!