It is currently March 19th, 2024, 10:02 am

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SCR

Weather Skins Not Working

Post by SCR »

Looks like Weather.com has changed something again. None of the weather skins are working at the moment, 11:31 EDT. Maybe it will come back but the errors are very similar to ones that occurred the last time this happened :(
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by jsmorley »

I'm looking at it. It looks like the format of the JSON code has changed a bit, with some leading and trailing \ characters added to the keys and values.

I don't know how much effort will be involved in fixing this, and I can't be certain yet that this is in fact a real, permanent change. I will be working on it and watching the site today.

EDIT:

Ok, I think I have fully addressed the new issues with the weather.com site.

Please get the .rmskin at: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=34628#p171501

Alternatively, if you have a skin that YOU wrote that was based on the @Include .inc files that come with this skin, you can simply get this:

@IncludeFiles.zip
(59.2 KiB) Downloaded 1276 times

And copy all the .inc files from that .zip into the @Resources folder of your skin.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE!

The new approach of using the API for the weather.com JSON requires a change to how you access a particular location.

All of the location "codes", like USVA0944 or bbd510e73cb5870f973cea9253bb1f9bfe239a129dfc2b89589cbb6d2d46b4bc or 22308 and such are NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

The new approach requires that you provide a Latitude and Longitude in the WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file. See that file for details on how you can get that for your location.

Please read WeatherCOMJSONVariables.inc carefully, it HAS changed.
SCR

Post by SCR »

jsmorley wrote: July 29th, 2020, 3:38 pm I'm looking at it. It looks like the format of the JSON code has changed a bit, with some leading and trailing \ characters added to the keys and values.

I don't know how much effort will be involved in fixing this, and I can't be certain yet that this is in fact a real, permanent change. I will be working on it and watching the site today.
I kind of thought you would be aware of the issue. I appreciate your time spent to research it.

Thanks.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

jsmorley wrote: July 29th, 2020, 3:38 pm I'm looking at it. It looks like the format of the JSON code has changed a bit, with some leading and trailing \ characters added to the keys and values.

Hi jsmorley,

I just noticed that the weather skin is not working again and it looks like you're already looking into it. THANKS!

Gerry
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Looks like every single quote in the JSON block has been escaped?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote: July 29th, 2020, 3:56 pm Looks like every single quote in the JSON block has been escaped?
Seems so...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Just FYI, I am not going to have the entire forums flooded with duplicate posts about this issue. Any post in any existing thread, or any new thread about this issue other than THIS one, will just be deleted.
kfonda

Post by kfonda »

Thanks, this will make it much easier to follow the status of what is going on with the issue.

P.S. - I really appreciate what you guys are doing to keep this all up to date.
jsmorley wrote: July 29th, 2020, 4:06 pm Just FYI, I am not going to have the entire forums flooded with duplicate posts about this issue. Any post in any existing thread, or any new thread about this issue other than THIS one, will just be deleted.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: July 29th, 2020, 4:06 pm Just FYI, I am not going to have the entire forums flooded with duplicate posts about this issue. Any post in any existing thread, or any new thread about this issue other than THIS one, will just be deleted.
Yeah, just wondering why I got mails about non existing posts, LOL. Good idea, to keep it centralized.
And yes, they are just escaping quotes. Switched on my API version in the meantime, and it all works well there, no escaped quotes, so I'm guessing the quote escaping is not yet consistent or stable, thus I'll be patient for the time being.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I'm currently a bit stumped... I'm trying to figure out a simple way to fix this, and have this:

Code: Select all

[@EntireSiteSuperParent]
Measure=WebParser
URL=#URLSite#
UpdateRate=#UpdateRate#
Flags=Resync | NoCookies
UserAgent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0
DecodeCharacterReference=1
LogSubstringErrors=0
RegExp=(?siU)^(.*)$
StringIndex=1
FinishAction=[!EnableMeasureGroup Parents]
Substitute="\[\34]":"[\34]"
;Debug=2
;Debug2File=#@#EntireSite.txt

; ========================================
; Units of Measure information
; ========================================

[@UnitsParent]
Measure=WebParser
Group=Parents
URL=[@EntireSiteSuperParent]
Disabled=1
StringIndex=1
RegExp=(?siU)"getSunV3CurrentObservationsUrlConfig":.*units:\s*([meh])
That seems like it should work, but I'm obviously missing some subtlety of WebParser...