It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:30 am

Clock Seconds Update

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Active Colors

Re: Clock Seconds Update

Post by Active Colors »

You can set your skin at very fast update of Update=16 (0.016 seconds) and therefore it can capture when the complete second exactly passes and at that moment (on the change action) set the Update rate to normal 1000 (1 second) and thus the skin's clock will be in sync with the Windows' clock.

————————
Alternatively,
I think you can make a function that can compare what is current real time on computer and what is the time showing in the skin and using the calculated difference it will update the skin after this difference to make it show the same specific second as the Windows.

Simply put,
If Windows is at 01 second and 850 milliseconds and when you launch your clock skin it will show 01 second, so it is 850 milliseconds behind.
You can capture this millisecond and update a skin after 250 milliseconds so both the skin and the Windows will be at 02 second.
Rainmeter can't natively obtain milliseconds (I think) but I think you can do that with some plugin or command line.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Clock Seconds Update

Post by balala »

Active Colors wrote: July 4th, 2020, 12:59 am You can set your skin at very fast update of Update=16 (0.016 seconds) and therefore it can capture when the complete second exactly passes and at that moment (on the change action) set the Update rate to normal 1000 (1 second) and thus the skin's clock will be in sync with the Windows' clock.

————————
Alternatively,
I think you can make a function that can compare what is current real time on computer and what is the time showing in the skin and using the calculated difference it will update the skin after this difference to make it show the same specific second as the Windows.

Simply put,
If Windows is at 01 second and 850 milliseconds and when you launch your clock skin it will show 01 second, so it is 850 milliseconds behind.
You can capture this millisecond and update a skin after 250 milliseconds so both the skin and the Windows will be at 02 second.
Rainmeter can't natively obtain milliseconds (I think) but I think you can do that with some plugin or command line.
Does all this worth? In my opinion doesn't.