It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:11 am

Sound Reactive Border Skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
MΣTΛLLIΛN

Sound Reactive Border Skin

Post by MΣTΛLLIΛN »

What I'm trying to do is create a skin that will pulse in and out with the transparency, reacting to any sound the computer produces, whether it be music, voice or windows default sounds. What I currently have is a rounded corner skin, based on some suggestions made for a user who ONLY wanted a border, but then I made the same border and made its edges come just past the edge of the original border, placing it on the desktop level so that it only reveals a small edge. Then I set its transparency to 60%, then in the box below it, had it react to a mouseover to fade in. When I saw that happen, I got the idea for a sound reactive border that does that same thing, but at random with sound, rather than requiring my mouse to pass over it. I hope I'm making sense. I've included a short video demonstration, simulating what I mean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Sound Reactive Border Skin

Post by eclectic-tech »

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=16

[Variables]
BorderColor=40,80,255
BorderWidth=2

[MeasureAudioLevel]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AudioLevel
Port=Output
Sensitivity=30
; Documentation: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/audiolevel/

[MeasureSound]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AudioLevel
Parent=MeasureAudioLevel
Channel=Sum
Type=RMS
AverageSize=2

[MeterFrame]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 2,2,(200+#BorderWidth#),(120+#BorderWidth#),16 | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color #BorderColor#,(Clamp(500*[&MeasureSound],25,255))
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterBG]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 1,1,200,120,16 | StrokeWidth 0 | Stroke Color 0,0,0 | Fill Color 0,0,0,255
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.