It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:23 pm

Trouble Applying Skin: "Large Clean Weather"

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
artanis888

Trouble Applying Skin: "Large Clean Weather"

Post by artanis888 »

i've just started using rainmeter, and have taken quite a liking to the minimalist enigma platform. i've selected all the skins i want to use from the given browser, but am looking into downloading some new ones.

i saw a weather skin on devart that i really liked: http://shivaism.deviantart.com/art/Large-Clean-Weather-158023423
but after downloading the folder and sticking it into the "skins" folder in "rainmeter" (all of which are in "My Docs," I can't load the skin. I can see the skin "Weather" in the browser and when i click on "Weather White.ini" at the bottom left, it does give me an option to load the skin. But i keep pressing "load skin" and nothing happens. Nothing shows up on the screen.

This is my first time trying to install a downloaded skin, so im probably a noob and i might be skipping some important step. but if anyone could enlighten me, that'd be greatly appreciated!
Benjamin Linus

Re: Trouble Applying Skin: "Large Clean Weather"

Post by Benjamin Linus »

:welcome: fellow raineer.
If all else fails, select skin .ini file ,right click rainmeter icon in taskbar and refresh all.
Should start a working :)
artanis888

Re: Trouble Applying Skin: "Large Clean Weather"

Post by artanis888 »

yeah i toyed around with it for a while and that worked. also, i think you need to wait a few minutes before loading a skin, that is, after you dl it.