It is currently April 24th, 2024, 6:44 am

Win7Audio: how to get output device index?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
delfore08

Win7Audio: how to get output device index?

Post by delfore08 »

Hey there! How can i get current index of output device with Win7Audio plugin? I mean, we can set these indexex, but how to read them for next use? For example: for manipulation with meters, based on current active device index. I don't see any way to use string param (which returns the name of device) from plugin for this.

:(
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Win7Audio: how to get output device index?

Post by Yincognito »

delfore08 wrote: June 21st, 2020, 8:40 am Hey there! How can i get current index of output device with Win7Audio plugin? I mean, we can set these indexex, but how to read them for next use? For example: for manipulation with meters, based on current active device index. I don't see any way to use string param (which returns the name of device) from plugin for this.

:(
You can do this using a combination of Win7Audio and AudioLevel plugins. The AudioLevel plugin, for example, has a DeviceID that you can set, but also a number of device related types (e.g. DeviceName, DeviceID or DeviceList) that you can read and manipulate further in order to achieve what you want. Of course, you'd need to set the parent measure's Port accordingly.

In my custom tooltip below, the white title gets the Win7Audio output device name, and the other elements below get all kinds of AudioLevel types (I've excluded DeviceName as it was redundant to display it in my case along the already present device list, but you can obviously use it):
Audio.jpg
P.S. Be careful with AudioLevel measures they are avid CPU usage consumers, so use preferably just one parent measure per machine and only update it when really needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
delfore08

Post by delfore08 »

Yincognito wrote: June 24th, 2020, 12:39 pm You can do this using a combination of Win7Audio and AudioLevel plugins. The AudioLevel plugin, for example, has a DeviceID that you can set, but also a number of device related types (e.g. DeviceName, DeviceID or DeviceList) that you can read and manipulate further in order to achieve what you want. Of course, you'd need to set the parent measure's Port accordingly.

In my custom tooltip below, the white title gets the Win7Audio output device name, and the other elements below get all kinds of AudioLevel types (I've excluded DeviceName as it was redundant to display it in my case along the already present device list, but you can obviously use it):
Audio.jpg

P.S. Be careful with AudioLevel measures they are avid CPU usage consumers, so use preferably just one parent measure per machine and only update it when really needed.
Thank you a lot! You're my savior! :thumbup: :Whistle
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

delfore08 wrote: June 25th, 2020, 5:07 pm Thank you a lot! You're my savior! :thumbup: :Whistle
You're welcome. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth