It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:27 pm

Color Gradients for MonsterCat Visualizer Bars

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
snoorelax

Color Gradients for MonsterCat Visualizer Bars

Post by snoorelax »

Hello, I'm terrible with code and i tried to use BarImage on the Variables file on monstercat Visualiser to make it look like this.

Basically i want to Bar to have a gradient when it reaches its peak, any advice on how to do this and please go into detail cause I only know basic hardware coding.

Thanks in advance!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CyberTheWorm

Re: Color Gradients for MonsterCat Visualizer Bars

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Code: Select all

[MeterBarName]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=<NameOfMearsure>
X=<Width Value of Image>
Y=<Height Value of Image>
BarImage=<Image Name>
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
snoorelax

Post by snoorelax »

CyberTheWorm wrote: June 17th, 2020, 3:16 pm

[MeterBarName]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=<NameOfMearsure>
X=<Width Value of Image>
Y=<Height Value of Image>
BarImage=<Image Name>
Hey, do you mind going into more detail?
Where do i put this code?
what is MeterBarName?
what is Name of measure
is BarImage=#@#Images\Untitled-2.jpg correct if my jpg is located in the @resources folder?
Sorry i'm really new and I do not understand the code at all, especially with so many different files.
Hope you can help me :)
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

snoorelax wrote: June 18th, 2020, 11:32 am Hey, do you mind going into more detail?
Where do i put this code?
what is MeterBarName?
what is Name of measure
is BarImage=#@#Images\Untitled-2.jpg correct if my jpg is located in the @resources folder?
Sorry i'm really new and I do not understand the code at all, especially with so many different files.
Hope you can help me :)
This code would go in the skin file you are creating or editing. Usually only 1 file
MeterBarName = Is a name you give to the meter to display the bar
NameOfMeasure = Is the name of the measure you are using as the data source for the bar meter
BarImage=#@#Images\Untitled-2.jpg - Which is the location of the image using you image location

Since you did not have any code I used a generical example but see below for a real example
If you can post the whole skin file we can better help you

[MeasureBand0]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AudioLevel
Parent=MeasureAudio
Type=Band
BandIdx=0

[MeterBand0]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=MeasureBand0
X=15
Y=160
BarImage=#@#\Images\Bar.png
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

snoorelax wrote: June 17th, 2020, 1:17 pm Basically i want to Bar to have a gradient when it reaches its peak, any advice on how to do this and please go into detail cause I only know basic hardware coding.
No, actually you can't do this. Unfortunately Monstercat is written in a way to avoid you to modify its code. Theoretically you should have to work into the @Resources\include\MeterBars.inc file, replacing the BarColor=#Color# options of all Bar meters (from [MeterBar0] to [MeterBar62]) with BarImage=#@#YourImage.jpg, but even if you do this, on next refresh Monstercat rewrites the MeterBars.inc file, getting back the rewritten options. When you replace the BarColor options with BarImage as described above, in order to get the modified bars you have to refresh the skin, but this instantly rewrites the code with the original BarColor=#Color# options.
Probably a much easier solution is to write your own skin, which uses the desired images for the Bar meters.
snoorelax

Post by snoorelax »

I DID SOMETHING, SO I REMOVED
ScriptFile=#@#scripts\Factory.lua From C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\monstercat-visualizer
And Then I Removed
Factory.lua file from C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\monstercat-visualizer\@Resources\scripts
and refreshed, The thing did not reset and my gradient came in, however, now my bars are at the bottom of the skin, how do i move them up?
PLEASE HELP IM SO CLOSE HAHAHA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

snoorelax wrote: June 18th, 2020, 4:50 pm The thing did not reset and my gradient came in, however, now my bars are at the bottom of the skin, how do i move them up?
Can't you simply drag the skin where you want it? Because there is no such issue for me.
However if you did what described, I recommend to check the log. I suppose you get there more errors. Do you?
snoorelax

Post by snoorelax »

balala wrote: June 18th, 2020, 5:42 pm Can't you simply drag the skin where you want it? Because there is no such issue for me.
However if you did what described, I recommend to check the log. I suppose you get there more errors. Do you?
Yeap only error i got was the factory.lua file was missing, but once you change the settings and put it back, it thinks the new code is the factory code. SO I KIND BROKE A FEW THINGS:
1. progress bar is now above like in the previous photo, so i just removed it HAHA
2. Bar gap is now gone but i don't really mind
I'm happy with my amateur stupidity i managed to make 1 thing and destroy several others, heres the final result :) Need to work on the gradient colors tho, but overall im happy with what i did haha

thanks for telling me about the resetting to defaults thing, gave me the idea to just remove the file and any references :))
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

snoorelax wrote: June 18th, 2020, 5:49 pm Yeap only error i got was the factory.lua file was missing, but once you change the settings and put it back, it thinks the new code is the factory code. SO I KIND BROKE A FEW THINGS:
1. progress bar is now above like in the previous photo, so i just removed it HAHA
2. Bar gap is now gone but i don't really mind EDIT: Bar gap works im just dumb and made it too small
Maybe you could completely remove the [ScriptFactoryBars] measure. But if you do this, there will be another problem: in the code there are references to this measure, through more bangs (for instance into the IfBelowAction and IfEqualAction options of the [MeasureInvertVisualizer] measure). You should have to remove those bangs as well.
snoorelax wrote: June 18th, 2020, 5:49 pm I'm happy with my amateur stupidity i managed to make 1 thing and destroy several others, heres the final result
No, this was not "amateur stupidity", but a tryout, which fortunately this time worked. Be sure all of us do a lot of tries whenever are we working with different skins / codes. Some of them are good, others are less good, but that's the way you have to work, to get more and more things to work and gain experience. So, good work, congratulations...
snoorelax

Post by snoorelax »

Once again thank you for the advice and the kind words! I wish you all the best in your future endeavors and stay safe and healthy :D