It is currently April 26th, 2024, 2:41 am

Network Jitter code

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Man7a

Network Jitter code

Post by Man7a »

Hi, Rainmeter community,

If I may, I am looking for code or skin that tells me the jitter to a certain server, kind of what this Speed Test shows.

See the thing is, I am from South Africa where everything is trash, including the fiber/internet, therefore if I could know the jitter to a certain server ( not ping ) I would know whether I can play or not.

I would highly appreciate it If anyone can help.

Thanks in advance.
Man7a
mak_kawa

Re: Network Jitter code

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Man7a

I am neither a Rainmeter wizard nor network expert, so my following thought may be wrong... But generally speaking, sequence of operations of the speed test site as you cited is...1) access the site, 2) click the start button, 3) some script launched, 4) data returns, and 5) browser displays the results. To get (/parse) such data by Rainmeter Webparser measure is almost impossible, I think.
Actually, I can't get source html code including the "jitter" data from the CenturyLink site after the speed test, by some reason I don't know.

If there is a command line program that returns the jitter data and outputs it to StdOut, it might be possible that you get the data by Rainmeter using RunCommand plugin. But I can't find such program.

Anyone has an idea/solution?
Man7a

Post by Man7a »

Hi mak_kawa.

Ty for the reply, I am not even sure if "jitter" is the correct term, because I also searched for any info on said term/function but due to no result, I thought I would try my luck here.

Thanks though.
Man7a
keinwort

Post by keinwort »

hi,

you can try hrPing - High-precision ping utility,
from https://www.cfos.de/en/ping/ping.htm

there are a lot of interresting network information you are able to get with the software.

currently i am using it with rainmeter to get a lot of more accurate ping measure for my local lan devices.
it even measures and shows times below 1ms, which windows and rainmeters pingplugin does not resolve to.

just read the provided text file with it. i think this could satisfy you.
happy trying
viel spass
wkr/mfg
keinwort