It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:58 am

Cycle temps

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
mak_kawa

Re: Cycle temps

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Sapphica69

My posted code is just a sample to show how to change cyclically/repeatedly display in a meter. It does not display anything relevant. So, you have to incorporate this way to your HWiNFO skin code. You didn't see anything after you did it?

Sorry, my post might be unnecessarily difficult to read as balala said. Moreover, my English is so bad. :-) Please refer balala's suggestion instead.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: June 9th, 2020, 8:30 pm Sorry, my post might be unnecessarily difficult to read as balala said. Moreover, my English is so bad. :-) Please refer balala's suggestion instead.
Sorry, I didn't want to say anything like this. Sorry if you felt bad.
And no, your solution has nothing wrong. It is perfectly good. Mine is just another approach of the same question.
Sapphica69

Post by Sapphica69 »

I liked Mak_kawa's solution but when I used it in Rainmeter shouldn't it be outputting on a Cycle; This is Measure 1, This is measure 2, This is measure 3...repeat?
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Sapphica69

If you post the whole of your HWiNFO skin code, examination for the issue would be possible...
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala

My friends/partner often say to me, "Your talking is unneccesarily difficult. Why don't you talk more easy??" :-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sapphica69 wrote: June 9th, 2020, 9:14 pm I liked Mak_kawa's solution but when I used it in Rainmeter shouldn't it be outputting on a Cycle; This is Measure 1, This is measure 2, This is measure 3...repeat?
This is exactly what it does:
GIF.gif
Not this has been your request?
Note that you have to replace the [measure1] - [measure3] measures with the HWiNFO plugin measures, which are returning the appropriate temperatures.
Only one remark related to mak_kawa's last code: there is a small mistake into the [meter1] meter. Its Text option is mistakenly written as Test, but this is not an important mistake, because if on a meter (as well as on measures) an option is written mistakenly, Rainmeter uses the default value of that option. In this case the default Text=%1 option is used, instead of Test=%1, which makes no sens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: June 10th, 2020, 12:11 am My friends/partner often say to me, "Your talking is unneccesarily difficult. Why don't you talk more easy??" :-)
No, I don't think it would be. Although English is nor my native language, I think I understand you well, so no problems...
Sapphica69

Post by Sapphica69 »

balala wrote: June 10th, 2020, 7:10 am This is exactly what it does:
GIF.gif
Not this has been your request?
Note that you have to replace the [measure1] - [measure3] measures with the HWiNFO plugin measures, which are returning the appropriate temperatures.
Only one remark related to mak_kawa's last code: there is a small mistake into the [meter1] meter. Its Text option is mistakenly written as Test, but this is not an important mistake, because if on a meter (as well as on measures) an option is written mistakenly, Rainmeter uses the default value of that option. In this case the default Text=%1 option is used, instead of Test=%1, which makes no sens.
I didn't catch that. The "Test" Typo. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why it wasn't displaying anything. Doh! It's exactly what I was looking for. :D ...and I learned stuff...
Last edited by Sapphica69 on June 10th, 2020, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Typo is my life...:-)

But really strange. I have "tested" that code last night, and it certainly did work...?! Maybe, no, certainly, fairy work!!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sapphica69 wrote: June 10th, 2020, 10:16 am I didn't catch that. The "Test" Typo. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why it wasn't displaying anything. Doh! It's exactly what I was looking for. :D ...and I learned stuff... Thank you!! <3
mak_kawa wrote: June 10th, 2020, 11:12 am But really strange. I have "tested" that code last night, and it certainly did work...?! Maybe, no, certainly, fairy work!!
Even with that typo, it definitely should work. I described in my previous reply why.
mak_kawa wrote: June 10th, 2020, 11:12 am Typo is my life...:-)
Don't worry, it happens to everyone.