It is currently April 26th, 2024, 7:47 pm

trouble getting my launcher to work right

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
salmercker

trouble getting my launcher to work right

Post by salmercker »

OK I got everything working correctly, EXCEPT for the options panel. For some reason it won't write the new value i put in it for the links. Now this is based off of 99villages Neon Space. I'm just dropping it down to only the colors and bubble launcher. then added a second bubble launcher. Everything looks good icon change like they should. but the links ain't.

This is ALSO my very first time trying to skin a file on rainmeter. Well second time. first was a simple image file that pulled ram and date info. This one is WAY more complex then it should be to be honest lol. Took me 3 days to get as far as i did on this launcher. had everything done the first day, then moved onto the options panel which has taken the rest of the first day and the next 2. So any help would be appreciated. Not sure if i should post the code here, the files what. SO please just let me know.
CyberTheWorm

Re: trouble getting my launcher to work right

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Post a link to the skin or the code if you have modified it would allow us to see what's up
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
salmercker

Post by salmercker »

I have modified it heavily, so i just zipped it all together. that way you can look through it. I dont think i have anything wrong, but i know with coding all it takes is one thing to be out of order or missing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
salmercker

Post by salmercker »

Any clue where i went wrong with this?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

salmercker wrote: June 10th, 2020, 1:30 pm Any clue where i went wrong with this?
Yep, there is a small mistake in the file name where the links (variables) have to be written. In those names the last s is missing. For instance the Command1 option of the [MeasureInput] measure is looking so: Command1=[!WriteKeyValue Variables BubbleLink1 "$UserInput$" DefaultValue=https://www.reddit.com/ "#ROOTCONFIGPATH#\@Resources\BubbleLauncher.inc"][!Refresh "Salmercker\Option File"][!Refresh "Salmercker\BubbleLauncher"], but in the @Resources folder a BubbleLauncher.inc file doesn't exist, it being BubbleLaunchers.inc. Accordingly, you have to fix the file names in all CommandX measures of the above named measure.

Additional advice (very important!): never, BUT NEVER use the file name as you did. #ROOTCONFIGPATH#\@Resources\BubbleLauncher.inc is not how we're referring to this file. According to Rainmeter's rules this should have be done as #@#BubbleLaunchers.inc. You don't have to specifically tell Rainmeter where the @Resources folder is, it does know this well. So, although your way to write that file name (and path) does work, I recommend to replace all of them as I described above.
salmercker

Post by salmercker »

i KNEW it had to be something simple stupid lol

Update it now works and i did shorten the cmd links to #$#BubbleLaunchers.inc like you suggested. Thanks for the tip and the help.
That is actually the way 99villages had it coded thats the only reason i went with it. plus didnt know i could shorten it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

salmercker wrote: June 11th, 2020, 2:31 am i KNEW it had to be something simple stupid lol
Yeah, don't worry, it happens sometimes to each of us.
salmercker wrote: June 11th, 2020, 2:31 am Update it now works and i did shorten the cmd links to #$#BubbleLaunchers.inc like you suggested.
Take care, it actually is #@#BubbleLaunchers.inc, not #$#BubbleLaunchers.inc.
salmercker

Post by salmercker »

balala wrote: June 11th, 2020, 11:00 am Take care, it actually is #@#BubbleLaunchers.inc, not #$#BubbleLaunchers.inc.
Ya sorry i mistyped putting that in here. but it is working right. Now to get some of the other features i wanted added in.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

salmercker wrote: June 11th, 2020, 6:04 pm Ya sorry i mistyped putting that in here. but it is working right. Now to get some of the other features i wanted added in.
Alright, I'm glad. :thumbup: