Help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help

Post by balala »

miltonjjack wrote: June 6th, 2020, 8:33 pm First attempt didn't work :(
I'm surprised.
Please post here the code of the [feed1String] meter (or any other from [feed1String] to [feed5String]).
miltonjjack

Post by miltonjjack »

All are the same, only changes are url address

Code: Select all

[feed1String]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=RSS
X=(#SkinWidth#-160-15)
Y=74
FontColor=#FontColor#
FontSize=#FontSize1#
FontFace=#FontName#
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=1
W=175
H=(#FontSize1#*2)
solidcolor=#normalcolor#
Text="#bulletpt# google news"
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# solidcolor #hovercolor#][!Updatemeter #CURRENTSECTION# ][!WriteKeyValue Variables URL "http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&ned=us&hl=en&topic=h&num=10&output=rss"][!WriteKeyValue Variables mainURL "http://news.google.com/news"][!WriteKeyValue Variables header "google news"][!refresh]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# solidcolor #normalcolor#][!Updatemeter #CURRENTSECTION# ][!Redraw]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# solidcolor #hovercolor#][!Updatemeter #CURRENTSECTION# ][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# solidcolor #clickcolor#][!Updatemeter #CURRENTSECTION# ][!Redraw]
Hidden=1
group=feed_to_minimise
Last edited by balala on June 7th, 2020, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are you posting code snippets. It's the </> button.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

miltonjjack wrote: June 7th, 2020, 4:38 pm All are the same, only changes are url address
The LeftMouseUpAction option of the posted [feed1String] meter has practically the original form, nothing is changed. Please try to follow what have I said:
balala wrote: June 6th, 2020, 7:42 pm try to replace the [!refresh] bang from the end of all LeftMouseUpAction options of the [feed1String] - [feed5String] meters, with the following ones: [!ToggleMeterGroup "meters_to_minimise"][!UpdateMeterGroup "meters_to_minimise"][!HideMeterGroup "feed_to_minimise"][!Redraw].
So, you should remove the existing [!refresh] bang and add the following ones, instead of the removed [!refresh]: [!ToggleMeterGroup "meters_to_minimise"][!UpdateMeterGroup "meters_to_minimise"][!HideMeterGroup "feed_to_minimise"][!Redraw].
Based on this, the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [feed1String] meter for instance, should be: LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# solidcolor #hovercolor#][!Updatemeter #CURRENTSECTION# ][!WriteKeyValue Variables URL "http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&ned=us&hl=en&topic=h&num=10&output=rss"][!WriteKeyValue Variables mainURL "http://news.google.com/news"][!WriteKeyValue Variables header "google news"][!ToggleMeterGroup "meters_to_minimise"][!UpdateMeterGroup "meters_to_minimise"][!HideMeterGroup "feed_to_minimise"][!Redraw]. Here I marked red what have to add instead of the existing [!refresh].
miltonjjack

Post by miltonjjack »

Yes you are right, I posted the original code but I did tested the changes in "first attempt". It didn't work.
Have you tried to run it? I posted complete code at the begining of this help session

Code: Select all

[feed1String]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=RSS
X=(#SkinWidth#-160-15)
Y=74
FontColor=#FontColor#
FontSize=#FontSize1#
FontFace=#FontName#
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=1
W=175
H=(#FontSize1#*2)
solidcolor=#normalcolor#
Text="#bulletpt# google news"
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# solidcolor #hovercolor#][!Updatemeter #CURRENTSECTION# ][!WriteKeyValue Variables URL "http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&ned=us&hl=en&topic=h&num=10&output=rss"][!WriteKeyValue Variables mainURL "http://news.google.com/news"][!WriteKeyValue Variables header "google news"][!ToggleMeterGroup "meters_to_minimise"][!UpdateMeterGroup "meters_to_minimise"][!HideMeterGroup "feed_to_minimise"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# solidcolor #normalcolor#][!Updatemeter #CURRENTSECTION# ][!Redraw]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# solidcolor #hovercolor#][!Updatemeter #CURRENTSECTION# ][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# solidcolor #clickcolor#][!Updatemeter #CURRENTSECTION# ][!Redraw]
Hidden=1
group=feed_to_minimise
Last edited by balala on June 7th, 2020, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are you posting code snippets. It's the </> button.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

miltonjjack wrote: June 7th, 2020, 6:05 pm Yes you are right, I posted the original code but I did tested the changes in "first attempt". It didn't work.
Have you tried to run it? I posted complete code at the begining of this help session
Alright, I have to admit my solution has a few problems we should have to deal with. A completely new approach would be needed instead. Here it is.
Start from the original code (so don't use what have we modified do far) and add the following FinishAction option to the parent WebParser measure (in this case to [RSS]): FinishAction=[!ToggleMeterGroup "meters_to_minimise"][!UpdateMeterGroup "meters_to_minimise"][!HideMeterGroup "feed_to_minimise"][!Redraw].
miltonjjack

Post by miltonjjack »

It did it :YESSS:
miltonjjack

Post by miltonjjack »

thank you :great:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »