It is currently April 26th, 2024, 7:51 am

Headset-Speaker switch

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
zambrotta84

Headset-Speaker switch

Post by zambrotta84 »

Hello,

I'm using a skin called Headset-Speaker switch and the author's name is Sawny. It's basically a button that if you push it, it toggles between Windows Sound Control Panel> Playback devices> Headphones and Speakers.

The problem is, I have a Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 soundcard, and the only way to toggle between headphones and speakers is through either Sound Blaster Connect or Sound Blaster Command as in Windows Sound Control Panel> Playback devices> there is only speakers listed, even when I switch to Headphones in Sound Blaster Command, Windows Sound Control Panel> Playback devices> still says it's going through speakers.

So, the skin I'm using in its current form doesn't do anything for me, unfortunately. I was wondering if it was possible to alter it in a way that instead of toggling between Windows Sound Control Panel> Playback devices> Headphones and Speakers, I could make it to toggle between Sound Blaster Command headphones and speakers.

Anyone ever had the similar problem and/or have a solution to it?

If you need more information, please ask.

Thanks in advance!
ArchAngel

Re: Headset-Speaker switch

Post by ArchAngel »

Hi,

What version of Windows are you using?

I know with my Windows 10 setup, my Headphones (Logitech G933 Gaming Heasdset) was appearing in my sound list as "Speakers".

If you are using windows 10, can you confirm by looking at the dropdown list (in Windows Control Panel -> System -> Sound) that your headphones are not listed similar to how mine were.

Because if they are, it is an easy fix to get them showing as Headphones.

Select them in the list and then click "Device Properties" and change the name to "Headphones". That should allow the skin to pick them up.

Cheers,
Stuart
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

I made this to toggle between all active sound devices in the sound devices, don't know if it will work for you.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=100

[Metadata]
Name=Volume
Author=CyberTheWorm
Information=Displays audio device and volume level | Left and right VU meters | With audio test feature
Version=1.0.0
License=Creative Commons Attribution - Non - Commercial - Share Alike 3.0

[Variables]

;-------------- Measures -------------------------

[MeasureVolume]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Win7AudioPlugin

[MeasureAudioRMS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AudioLevel
Port=Output
RMSAttack=100
RMSDecay=300
RMSGain=2.5

[MeasureLeft]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AudioLevel
Parent=MeasureAudioRMS
Channel=L
Type=RMS

[MeasureRight]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AudioLevel
Parent=MeasureAudioRMS
Channel=R
Type=RMS
;--------------------  Meters -------------------------

[MeterShapeRectangle]
Meter=Shape
X=0
Y=0
Shape=Rectangle 3,3,200,100 | Fill Color 32,32,32,255 | StrokeWidth 6 | StrokeColor 0,0,0,220

[MeterSpeakerTest]
Meter=String
X=103
Y=15
Text=Test
DynamicVariables=1
FontColor=255,255,255,255
StringAlign=Center
AntiAlias=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[Play "#@#\AudioTest.wav"]
ToolTipText=Left click to test audio

[MeterVolume]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureVolume
X=103
Y=53
Text=%1#CRLF#[MeasureVolume:]%
DynamicVariables=1
FontColor=255,255,255,255
StringAlign=CenterCenter
AntiAlias=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureVolume" "ToggleNext"][!Refresh]
MouseScrollUpAction=!CommandMeasure "MeasureVolume" "ChangeVolume +5"
MouseScrollDownAction=!CommandMeasure "MeasureVolume" "ChangeVolume -5"
ToolTipText=Left click to select next audio device#CRLF#Mouse scroll to adjust player volume

[MeterSystemVolumeBar]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=MeasureVolume
X=12
Y=80
H=10
W=180
BarColor=0,102,180,255
SolidColor=255,255,255,100
BarOrientation=Horizontal
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureVolume "SetVolume $MouseX:%$"]
ToolTipText=Left Mouse click to set system volume

[MeterLeft]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=MeasureLeft
X=10
Y=10
H=60
W=20
BarOrientation=Vertical
BarColor=0,102,180,255
AntiAlias=1

[MeterRight]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=MeasureRight
X=175
Y=0r
H=60
W=20
BarOrientation=Vertical
BarColor=0,102,180,255
AntiAlias=1
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
zambrotta84

Post by zambrotta84 »

Thanks for the advice. I am using Windows 10, but the problem is, as you can see in the picture attached, that there is only Speakers listed. If I switch to headphones in Sound Blaster Command, it's still coming through speakers. I've contacted Creative and they say it's impossible to split Speakers in Playback Devices into Speakers and Headphones. The only way to toggle between them is in Sound Blaster Command.

So I was wondering if anyone knows a way to write a skin to manipulate Sound Blaster Command and toggle between Speakers and Headphones through Speakers and Headphones.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zambrotta84

Post by zambrotta84 »

dvo wrote: June 4th, 2020, 9:03 am try this skin... :D

https://visualskins.com/skin/audio-switcher
It just toggles Playback Devices... which, as I have explained, doesn't work with a Creative Sound Blaster AE-5. It can only be changed through Sound Blaster Command or Sound Blaster Connect. I'm looking for a skin that manipulates Sound Blaster Command, not Windows Playback Devices.
zambrotta84

Post by zambrotta84 »

The Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 doesn't allow it.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

zambrotta84 wrote: June 4th, 2020, 8:05 am Thanks for the advice. I am using Windows 10, but the problem is, as you can see in the picture attached, that there is only Speakers listed. If I switch to headphones in Sound Blaster Command, it's still coming through speakers. I've contacted Creative and they say it's impossible to split Speakers in Playback Devices into Speakers and Headphones. The only way to toggle between them is in Sound Blaster Command.

So I was wondering if anyone knows a way to write a skin to manipulate Sound Blaster Command and toggle between Speakers and Headphones through Speakers and Headphones.
Well if it's not showing up there, no way rainmeter will be able to do anything.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page