It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:04 am

No data showing up in some skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
hulukroox

No data showing up in some skins

Post by hulukroox »

My Rainmeter is working properly except that some loaded skin meters doesn't monitor, or doesn't display any readout!
In fact now i'm facing this issue with Top Processes but if I load temperature and / or GPU meter, its the same thing.
Someone (I can't find it anymore) mentioned on the web that it is because Windows Home does'nt allow to monitor performance data without adding manualy the user group (that i'm logged in) to the windows perf log monitoring groups. I can't even try this fix because it says I input the wrong password when it ask for credentials at the end of the wizard that is supposed to add a group. (I know my password eh!) And I guess I would have found more issues reported on the net… Anyway I did a clean install yesterday for another reason, and I can tell you, this won't help, I have the same issues.

I use System Information from Spiritreader form this link:
https://visualskins.com/skin/systeminformation

My setup:
  • I'm logged on my PC as Admin with Microsoft linked account,
    Windows version : (see joined picture)
    Rainmeter version + error126 : see joined picture
Yeah, pictures are in french because I usualy don't speak English :oops:
Btw, this is my first post on a forum. Thanks for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mak_kawa

Re: No data showing up in some skins

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi hulukroox

For me, the Top Processes skin does work well, see the attachment.
Untitled-1.png
So, I think the problem is not in the skin, at least original skin code of Spiritreader. The error in your log window as Plugin: Unable to load "TopProcesses.dll" means the plugin load is failed. Is the "TopProcesses.dll" certainly in your plugin folder?

Ps.: Maybe your plugin folder is C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mak_kawa on June 1st, 2020, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: June 1st, 2020, 4:47 am The error in your log window as "Plugin: Unable to load "TopProcesses.dll" means the plugin load is failed. Is the "TopProcesses.dll" certainly in your plugin folder?
Yep, agree with mak_kawa, it seems the plugin has not been installed properly. Have you installed the skin from the provided link? Because if you have, the proper version of the plugin should have been installed. But first check the installed plugin: in the Log, click Plugin tab and check the list to see if the TopProcesses.dll plugin is listed. Is it?
mak_kawa wrote: June 1st, 2020, 4:47 am Ps.: Maybe your plugin folder is C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins.
There are two different places for the plugins:
  • the built-in plugins are installed to the C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins\ folder
  • the external plugins are installed to the C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins\ folder.
As you well said, the TopProcesses.dll plugin should reside int the second folder, being an externally installed plugin.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Also there would rarely be the need to alter the default folder hierarchy, so if you have altered it that would be why rainmeter did not install that dll by default...
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: June 1st, 2020, 4:38 pm Also there would rarely be the need to alter the default folder hierarchy, so if you have altered it that would be why rainmeter did not install that dll by default...
Why are you thinking hulukroox has altered it? Do you have a reason to believe this?
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

only because it seems that i have seen the issue resolve after reinstalling from scratch solve dll issues many times in these forums and ppl in kind indicated that a change was made in a similar scenario - these i remember from a while back but ya, thats why balala.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: June 1st, 2020, 4:52 pm only because it seems that i have seen the issue resolve after reinstalling from scratch solve dll issues many times in these forums and ppl in kind indicated that a change was made in a similar scenario - these i remember from a while back but ya, thats why balala.
Oh, alright. Let's see if hulukroox comes back with a small explanation. My guess is that the TopProcesses.dll plugin is not installed properly on his system, but let's see...