It is currently April 25th, 2024, 9:05 pm

Comand to Refresh All

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Fatcho

Comand to Refresh All

Post by Fatcho »

Hello, me again

I would like to create a button for when I click the Rainmeter of a Refresh all in the skins, but I wouldn't know the command, I researched something about a command "Rainmeter.exe"! RefreshApp but I don't even know where to start, because I saw that these commands for using a mouse are very complex

Mor3bane

Re: Comand to Refresh All

Post by Mor3bane »

This is what I use:

LeftMouseDownAction=!RefreshApp

Works just as is.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Fatcho

Adding to Mor3bane... If you don't want to rescan skin folder (= only refresh), LeftMouseUpAction=[!Refresh *], also.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Fatcho

Another method...Rainmeter sometimes tends to work not properly, especially concerning with the WebParser measure. In this case, I use Windows batch command to kill Rainmeter task and reload it, that is the last and complete refresh (except Windows shutdown and restart). :-)
Batch commands are like this;

Code: Select all

@ECHO OFF
taskkill /f /im rainmeter.exe
start "" "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe"
exit
Save this commands as batch file with ".bat" extension, and you can launch it by LeftMouseUpAction=[(batch file path)].
Fatcho

Post by Fatcho »

Thank you my nobles

I added the command that they informed and it worked, but ended up giving an inconvenience that it was not able to move the image with the mouse, I changed the code to MiddleMouseDownAction =! RefreshApp and ok, everything was ok, it was even simple, of course simple for you, for me that I'm learning is step by step to develop these skills, I will certainly make some changes, but from here I will go alone, thanks for the help

My file looks like this

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=JP - Fatcho
Update=1000
MiddleMouseDownAction=!RefreshApp

[Metadata]
Name=Refresh All
Information=Refresh All
License=Free 
Version=1.0

[Variables]
Image=Refresh All.png

[MeasureRefreshAll]
Meter=Image
Image=Refresh All.png
ImageName=Refresh All
X=0
Y=0
W=200
H=99
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

You could consider using Left or rightmouseUPaction= that way you could drang on mouseDOWN but then the refresh would happen when you released the down action to up action.

Consider then also changing the refresh portion to a limited part of the skin, so that it can be dragged outside of the refresh button area?
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.