It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:54 am

Help Updating Old Weather Skin.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
4thHorseman

Help Updating Old Weather Skin.

Post by 4thHorseman »

First time here, Seem like a great community. Maybe I can get some help with the Weather Skin I have. The Weather Portion specifically the Temp and Location and condition don't seem to be functioning. I brought this skin over from an old computer. The Location should be Palm City, FL, USA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Simplesentence created by WhiteBaron
Update=3000

;Metadata added by RainBrowser
;http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/?q=Rainmeter101_AnatomyOfASkin

[Metadata]
Name=
Config=
Description=
Instructions=
Version=
Tags=
License=
Variant=
Preview=

;End of added Metadata

[Variables]
;To find your weather code, go to www.edg3.co.uk/snippets/weather-location-codes
;To use farenheit rather than celcius, change MeasureName=MeasureTempCel to MeasureName=MeasureTempFar in MeterTemp.

WeatherCode=USFL0386
City=Palm City
Font=Grenadier
Colour=255, 255, 255

;----------MEASURES----------

[MeasureWeatherRSS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=1800
Url=http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=#WeatherCode#&u=#Unit#
RegExp="(?siU)<link.*>(.*)</link>.*city=\"(.*)\".*sunrise=\"(.*)\".*sunset=\"(.*)\".*<image>.*<url>(.*)</url>.*<title>.*:.*m.*(.*)</title>.*lat>(.*)<.*long>(.*)<.*yweather:condition.*text=\"(.*)\".*code=\"(.*)\".*temp=\"(.*)\".*yweather:forecast.*day=\"(.*)\".*high=\"(.*)\".*code=\"(.*)\".*yweather:forecast.*day=\"(.*)\".*high=\"(.*)\".*code=\"(.*)\".*"

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=11

[MeasureWeatherIcon]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=10

[MeasureWeatherDesc]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=9
Substitute="Light Rain Shower":"to be showering lightly.","Light Rain":"to be raining lightly.","Drizzle":"to be drizzling a bit.","Fair":"fair, whatever the hell that means.","Rain and Snow Mixed":"to be raining and snowing.","Rain Shower":"to be showering.","Showers in the Vicinity":"to be bringing in the rains soon.","Freezing Rain":"to have freezing rain. Best be inside.","Mostly Cloudy with Flurries":"mostly cloudy, still with flurries.","Partly Sunny with Flurries":"to have flurries, but the sun is still out.","Partly Sunny with Thunder Showers":"a little sunny but still thundering.","Mostly Cloudy with Thunder Showers":"there is thunder about, but the sun still shines.","Partly Sunny with Showers":"a little bit sunny but still showering.","Mostly Cloudy with Showers":"mostly cloudy with some showers.","Mostly Cloudy":"mostly cloudy up there.","Mostly Sunny":"quite sunny today.","Partly Sunny":"only partly sunny.","Sunny":"sunny. Look at all that sunshine.","Intermittent Clouds":"intermittently cloudy.","Hazy Sunshine":"a bit hazy.","Cloudy":"covered by clouds.","Dreary":"very dreary. Cheer up though.","Fog":"all foggy.","Showers":"to be showering.","Thunderstorms":"to be thunderstorming. That's a word.","Rain":"to be raining.","Flurries":"to have flurries falling","Snow":"to have snowflakes falling from it.","Ice":"to be icing.","Sleet":"to be sleeting.","Hot":"very hot right now.","Cold":"very cold right now.","Windy":"very windy right now.","Mostly Clear":"to be quite clear.","Clear":"to be clean and clear.","Thunder in the Vicinity":"to Thunder from Down Under."

;----------METERS------------

[MeterTemp]
MeasureName=MeasureTempFar
Meter=String
Prefix="It is about "
Postfix=" degrees in the town of Palm City"
W=430
H=40
FontColor=#Colour#, 205
FontSize=16
FontFace=Grenadier
StringAlign=Left
AntiAlias=1

[MeterDesc]
MeasureName=MeasureDesc
Meter=String
Prefix="and the sky seems "
X=21
Y=23
W=200
H=40
FontColor=#Colour#, 150
FontSize=13
FontFace=Grenadier
StringAlign=Left
AntiAlias=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GJ51

Re: Help Updating Old Weather Skin.

Post by GJ51 »

My Vclouds 2 went dead a couple days ago and I haven't seen any chatter as to why.

I came here to see if anyone else was having the same issue. I fixed things when it was updated back in Jan and everything was fine up until a couple days ago.

Hoping others will chime in and a fix gets posted. It's just so handy to have on the desktop.
Last edited by GJ51 on June 13th, 2020, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
xenium

Post by xenium »

4thHorseman wrote: May 21st, 2020, 5:56 pm First time here, Seem like a great community. Maybe I can get some help with the Weather Skin I have. The Weather Portion specifically the Temp and Location and condition don't seem to be functioning. I brought this skin over from an old computer. The Location should be Palm City, FL, USA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Starting with Jan. 3, 2019 http://weather.yahooapis.com is no longer available.
Replace the existing file with the file in the archive.
Then refresh the skin
Weather.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4thHorseman

Post by 4thHorseman »

OMG. Thanks so Much! You Fixed it! I really really appreciate it. Thanks for all your Help!
Traxan

Post by Traxan »

My Vclouds 2 weather is broken again. A few weeks ago someone posted a fix that involved using CClean to clear the JSON files. It worked, but in the last two days I've lost the weather again, and CClean didn't do the trick. Help, please.
xenium

Post by xenium »

Traxan wrote: June 7th, 2020, 7:06 am My Vclouds 2 weather is broken again. A few weeks ago someone posted a fix that involved using CClean to clear the JSON files. It worked, but in the last two days I've lost the weather again, and CClean didn't do the trick. Help, please.
Capture2.PNG