It is currently April 26th, 2024, 11:40 am

Need help making changes to a skin..

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
krill

Re: Need help making changes to a skin..

Post by krill »

Hello! I'm new, I have some questions about editing skin

1) I want to edit the skin (https://www.deviantart.com/undefinist/art/VisBubble-Round-Visualizer-for-Rainmeter-488601501), How to make a semicircle from a circle? Change radius as desired?
What do I need to edit?
I want to make a separate skin, from the original, so that one skin is the original circle, and the second was edited in a semicircle?
How can I do it?
2) Can I install one skin twice in the Rainmeter program to edit one of them?
krill

Post by krill »

dvo wrote: March 28th, 2020, 2:57 pm you can copy the .ini file and give it a other name after that restart / refresh all and it's in your list. :welcome:
or copy the whole folder give it a other name and you have 2 of the same... :welcome:
don't 4 get to refresh all or restart if that's better for you,

i don't have VisBubble-Round-Visualizer-for-Rainmeter-488601501 .... i only have the old one from madhoe :welcome:

If you mean to copy a folder of skin already installed, then the folder is not copied, it does not have such a function. You can only name and edit.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

krill wrote: March 28th, 2020, 2:49 pm Hello! I'm new, I have some questions about editing skin

1) I want to edit the skin (https://www.deviantart.com/undefinist/art/VisBubble-Round-Visualizer-for-Rainmeter-488601501), How to make a semicircle from a circle? Change radius as desired?
What do I need to edit?
I want to make a separate skin, from the original, so that one skin is the original circle, and the second was edited in a semicircle?
How can I do it?
2) Can I install one skin twice in the Rainmeter program to edit one of them?
First of all, you should have created a new topic for your question, as it doesn't have anything to do with the current one. But since it's your first post... duplicating a skin is easy: just use explorer (i.e. Windows) to copy the skin folder (the VisBubble folder from C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins) to another location (say, D:\), change the newly copied folder's name into what you want, then move it back into the Rainmeter skins folder (i.e. C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins). Click Refresh All button in the Manage Rainmeter window and you're done.

As for making a semicircle from a circle, if by any change you want to change the visualiser's circle into a semicircle, all you need to do is edit the Settings.inc file from your newly duplicated skin folder created above and change the line that says AngleTotalDeg=360 into AngleTotalDeg=180. The modification will apply to whatever skin variant you choose to display (i.e. BarExtrude.ini, Wave.ini, WaveFilled.ini or WaveStereo.ini). If you're talking about another "circle", well, that skin is quite complex and it will take some time and effort to find the said circle and then change it (and its dependencies!) into a semicircle...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: March 28th, 2020, 3:21 pm and the radius you can find it in the settingsWindow.ini open it and display with the slider you can alter it... :)
Good point. Even easier, double click on the skin and it will show the Settings skin where you can alter stuff. ;-)
krill

Post by krill »

Yincognito wrote: March 28th, 2020, 3:23 pm First of all, you should have created a new topic for your question, as it doesn't have anything to do with the current one. But since it's your first post... duplicating a skin is easy: just use explorer (i.e. Windows) to copy the skin folder (the VisBubble folder from C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins) to another location (say, D:\), change the newly copied folder's name into what you want, then move it back into the Rainmeter skins folder (i.e. C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins). Click Refresh All button in the Manage Rainmeter window and you're done.

As for making a semicircle from a circle, if by any change you want to change the visualiser's circle into a semicircle, all you need to do is edit the Settings.inc file from your newly duplicated skin folder created above and change the line that says AngleTotalDeg=360 into AngleTotalDeg=180. The modification will apply to whatever skin variant you choose to display (i.e. BarExtrude.ini, Wave.ini, WaveFilled.ini or WaveStereo.ini). If you're talking about another "circle", well, that skin is quite complex and it will take some time and effort to find the said circle and then change it (and its dependencies!) into a semicircle...
Excellent)) I did everything as you wrote, and I did it, I have a question. The semicircle turned upside down to the right side, how can I turn it up so that it is like a sunset, How to edit to have a rotation slider?
  Maybe copy from the skin monstercat-visualizer? and paste it into my new skin?
The original skin does not have a skin rotation slider!
krill

Post by krill »

DVO , Yincognito

Thank you for your help) :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

krill wrote: March 28th, 2020, 3:46 pmThe semicircle turned upside down to the right side, how can I turn it up so that it is like a sunset, How to edit to have a rotation slider?
Haha, that was my second wish as well: just modify the AngleStart in the Settings skin (or AngleStartDeg in the Settings.inc file) to 180. That's all.

EDIT: Basically what dvo said as well. :D
krill

Post by krill »

dvo wrote: March 28th, 2020, 3:59 pm in display set angle start on 180 ,angle total 180 and your done sun :) no problem many did it for me too...

he needs to know both .... in the beginning with settings ...later in script.. :thumbup:
Yincognito wrote: March 28th, 2020, 4:00 pm Haha, that was my second wish as well: just modify the AngleStart in the Settings skin (or AngleStartDeg in the Settings.inc file) to 180. That's all.

EDIT: Basically what dvo said as well. :D
Did everything as you wrote. Everything turned out, thank you for helping friends) :bow: :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

krill wrote: March 28th, 2020, 4:32 pm Did everything as you wrote. Everything turned out, thank you for helping friends) :bow: :thumbup:
Our pleasure, always. ;-)
Springchiken

Post by Springchiken »

Thank balala the first part works great.

Now the question is that you said: "if it can be done I'd love to have this same icon turn off both Spotify and Elegant Music Player". Would you like to deactivate the Elegant Music Palyer skin and close Spotify music player? Have I understood it well?
Yes you understand.