It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:31 am

Fade Away

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
thesurfinsuricate

Fade Away

Post by thesurfinsuricate »

Hi! I'm a newbie when i comes to creating skins and i rellay appreciate some help :???:

Curent status:
In Rainmeter i have two custom folders 1. Icons, 2. GameLauncher.
In Icons folder theres an folder (one of several) called Games - the small controller, when i LeftMouseDownAction "Games" the two game pictures appear (aka GameLauncher). If I LeftMouseDownAction it again the two pictures disappear. Alternative when I LeftMouseUpAction one of the two pictures (GameLauncher) the "Program, game or folder" (that's linked) appears and the pictures disappear....

I would like:
That when i push the controller the pictures appear (and disappear when i push it again) but also that pictures automatically fade out after lets say 2 seconds if i don't do anything.

Extra kudos if someone could tell me how to putt the GameLauncher folder in the same folder as the controller (Rainmeter\Skins\Icons\Games. And if its posible to make pic 1 fade in from lets say 80% to 100% when i hover over it and separate the same for pic 2

Games
[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[Variables]
Countdown=3

[icons2020]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\2020_games_01.png
H=50
W=50
MeasureTimer
LeftMouseDownAction=[!ToggleFade "GameLauncher"\"GameLauncher.ini"]
GameLauncher
[1]
Meter=Image
ImageName=OctopathTraveler_01.png
X=0
Y=0
H=241
W=171
LeftMouseDownAction=["D:\Dropbox"]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleFade "GameLauncher"\"GameLauncher.ini"]

[2]
Meter=Image
ImageName=Arma3_01.png
X=180
Y=0
H=241
W=171
LeftMouseDownAction=["D:\Dropbox"]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleFade "GameLauncher"\"GameLauncher.ini"]
(The "Dropbox" instead of the actual game is just temporary)

Found this, but as i said I'm a rookie but i don't quite understand.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainmeter/comments/6e4yeu/how_do_you_set_a_fade_timer/
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Fade Away

Post by balala »

thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 20th, 2020, 5:36 pm I would like:
That when i push the controller the pictures appear (and disappear when i push it again) but also that pictures automatically fade out after lets say 2 seconds if i don't do anything.
Let's see if I understood what you want.
If I am correct, when you click the icon of the Games skin, you'd like to show the icons of the other skin and after two seconds you'd like to get them hidden automatically.
Is this right?
thesurfinsuricate

balala wrote: March 20th, 2020, 6:56 pm Let's see if I understood what you want.
If I am correct, when you click the icon of the Games skin, you'd like to show the icons of the other skin and after two seconds you'd like to get them hidden automatically.
Is this right?
Yes!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 20th, 2020, 6:58 pm Yes!
Alright. Then add a Seconds variable to the [Variables] section of the Game.ini skin:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Seconds=2
Obviously this is the number of seconds you'd like to get the skin disappear after.
Now modify the LeftMouseDownAction option of the [icons2020] meter within the Games.ini skin to this: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ShowFade "GameLauncher"][!Delay "(1000*#Seconds#)"][!HideFade "GameLauncher"].
Note that besides rewriting the option, I also changed the LeftMouseDownAction to LeftMouseUpAction. In the Note of this description you can find out why.
thesurfinsuricate

balala wrote: March 20th, 2020, 7:14 pm Alright. Then add a Seconds variable to the [Variables] section of the Game.ini skin:

[Variables]
Seconds=2
Obviously this is the number of seconds you'd like to get the skin disappear after.
Now modify the LeftMouseDownAction option of the [icons2020] meter within the Games.ini skin to this: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ShowFade "GameLauncher"][!Delay "(1000*#Seconds#)"][!HideFade "GameLauncher"].
Note that besides rewriting the option, I also changed the LeftMouseDownAction to LeftMouseUpAction. In the Note of this description you can find out why.
:) Great it worked! Thanks Balala!

1. Is it possible to make the fade animation a bit slower? I don't mean the time that the icons is present on screen 2sec/ 4 sec/ 10 sec (or whatever) but the actual fade out animation.

2. Is it possible to have an "Mouse Hover Options" effect for the pictures separate? I can set transparency to 80% and fade in but that apples to both OT and ARMA at the same time. Is it possible only to fade in on one "game" at a time when hovering over?

3. Also is it possible to make an exception to the fade away thing so that when i hover the mouse over the Gamepics the icons don't disappear.

(Made the change - LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=["D:\Dropbox"][!ToggleFade "GameLauncher"\"GameLauncher.ini"] to the GameLauncher)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 20th, 2020, 7:33 pm :) Great it worked! Thanks Balala!
I'm glad!
thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 20th, 2020, 7:33 pm 1. Is it possible to make the fade animation a bit slower? I don't mean the time that the icons is present on screen 2sec/ 4 sec/ 10 sec (or whatever) but the actual fade out animation.
Yep, it is. You have to work with the Rainmeter settings. To open it, right click the Rainmeter icon within the System tray and click Edit settings. The settings is opening into the default text editor. Look there for the [GameLauncher] section (this is the config of the skin which you have to set the fade duration for). Add a FadeDuration=1000 option to this section. Here obviously the numeric value is the duration of the fade effect, expressed into milliseconds (so for instance FadeDuration=1000 means the duration of the fade effect is 1000 ms = 1 second). Use the desired value.
thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 20th, 2020, 7:33 pm 2. Is it possible to have an "Mouse Hover Options" effect for the pictures separate? I can set transparency to 80% and fade in but that apples to both OT and ARMA at the same time. Is it possible only to fade in on one "game" at a time when hovering over?
Yep, it again is.
I suppose you wanna do this for the icons of the GameLauncher skin, right?
Add the following option to both Image meters ([1] and [2]):

[1]
ImageAlpha=204
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha "255"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha "204"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
Add the same options to the [2] meter as well.
thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 20th, 2020, 7:33 pm 3. Also is it possible to make an exception to the fade away thing so that when i hover the mouse over the Gamepics the icons don't disappear.
Have no idea what you mean by "Gamepics". What you mean?
thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 20th, 2020, 7:33 pm (Made the change - LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=["D:\Dropbox"][!ToggleFade "GameLauncher"\"GameLauncher.ini"] to the GameLauncher)
Note that there is an extra backslash, which should have to be removed: LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=["D:\Dropbox"][!ToggleFade "GameLauncher"\"GameLauncher.ini"]: LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=["D:\Dropbox"][!ToggleFade "GameLauncher" "GameLauncher.ini"]
thesurfinsuricate

balala wrote: March 20th, 2020, 8:08 pm I'm glad!

Yep, it is. You have to work with the Rainmeter settings. To open it, right click the Rainmeter icon within the System tray and click Edit settings. The settings is opening into the default text editor. Look there for the [GameLauncher] section (this is the config of the skin which you have to set the fade duration for). Add a FadeDuration=1000 option to this section. Here obviously the numeric value is the duration of the fade effect, expressed into milliseconds (so for instance FadeDuration=1000 means the duration of the fade effect is 1000 ms = 1 second). Use the desired value.

Yep, it again is.
I suppose you wanna do this for the icons of the GameLauncher skin, right?
Add the following option to both Image meters ([1] and [2]):

[1]
ImageAlpha=204
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha "255"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha "204"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
Add the same options to the [2] meter as well.

Have no idea what you mean by "Gamepics". What you mean?

Note that there is an extra backslash, which should have to be removed: LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=["D:\Dropbox"][!ToggleFade "GameLauncher"\"GameLauncher.ini"]: LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=["D:\Dropbox"][!ToggleFade "GameLauncher" "GameLauncher.ini"]
Great! :bow:
(when i opened the "edit settings" i saw that the list was full of old skins (that i have deleted), would be nice to reset?)

What i meant by the third question was: is it possible to force the "GameLauncher" not to fade away when i hover over it with my mouse?
for example: I push the little controller and the GameLauncher appears and if I have my mouse over the games (GameLauncher) lets say the ARMA icon - the GameLauncher doesn't fade away. That the "face away timer" - [!ShowFade "GameLauncher"][!Delay "(1000*#Seconds#)"][!HideFade "GameLauncher"] only starts "kicks in" when the mouse is somewhere else?..
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 20th, 2020, 8:46 pm (when i opened the "edit settings" i saw that the list was full of old skins (that i have deleted), would be nice to reset?)
Not sure it is smart enough to remove those sections manually. Instead I'd save a layout with the currently loaded skins, taking care to check the "Exclude unloaded skins" checkbox, then would load the previously saved layout. This way the sections belonging to the not loaded skins are removed.
thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 20th, 2020, 8:46 pm What i meant by the third question was: is it possible to force the "GameLauncher" not to fade away when i hover over it with my mouse?
for example: I push the little controller and the GameLauncher appears and if I have my mouse over the games (GameLauncher) lets say the ARMA icon - the GameLauncher doesn't fade away. That the "face away timer" - [!ShowFade "GameLauncher"][!Delay "(1000*#Seconds#)"][!HideFade "GameLauncher"] only starts "kicks in" when the mouse is somewhere else?..
Unfortunately this is hard to be done, because there is no way to interrupt or cancel the !HideFade bang, which is placed after !Delay. No good solution so far, will have to think, to see if I can come up with something smart. But to be honest, I doubt there is an elegant and simple solution.
Sorry for now...
thesurfinsuricate

balala wrote: March 20th, 2020, 9:03 pm Not sure it is smart enough to remove those sections manually. Instead I'd save a layout with the currently loaded skins, taking care to check the "Exclude unloaded skins" checkbox, then would load the previously saved layout. This way the sections belonging to the not loaded skins are removed.

Unfortunately this is hard to be done, because there is no way to interrupt or cancel the !HideFade bang, which is placed after !Delay. No good solution so far, will have to think, to see if I can come up with something smart. But to be honest, I doubt there is an elegant and simple solution.
Sorry for now...
Thanks for the help your a Sensei! :thumbup: Spent hours trying to figure this stuff by myself, big thanks!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 20th, 2020, 9:06 pm Thanks for the help your a Sensei! :thumbup: Spent hours trying to figure this stuff by myself, big thanks!
Always happy to help.
Will try to figure out something on how to resolve your last question, but unfortunately I can't promise anything.