How to hide visualizer when there's no audio playing

Help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to hide visualizer when there's no audio playing

Post by balala »

rina wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 6:10 pm
I don't mind that much if the skin loads everytime the system is playing any audio, since most of the time it is playing audio is when I'm listening to music anyways. I realise having it activated only when the music player is playing audio would be a better option, but I don't mind it this way either.
Yes, such in a case probably the code checking if the appropriate process is running is a better way. As said which approach is better depends on more things, you have to decide which one to use.
rina wrote:
I just tried it and when I open rainmeter, the visualizer is indeed unloaded and loads when I first play some audio. However after I pause it the visualizer seems to stay active, as it's still visible on the loaded skins list when I right click on the rainmeter icon on the system tray?
Well, it doesn't for me. Tried it out and if I pause the playing, the skin is unloaded, while whenever I start playing a music, the skin loads immediately.
rina wrote:
Edit: I've noticed it sometimes unloads as it is supposed to, sometimes it stays active. Weird :???: not a big issue though, I tested it a lil bit more and it seems like it unloads more often than not ^^"
This might be something related to your system (I suppose), because I have no such problems.
rina

Post by rina »

balala wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 6:27 pm
Yes, such in a case probably the code checking if the appropriate process is running is a better way. As said which approach is better depends on more things, you have to decide which one to use.

Well, it doesn't for me. Tried it out and if I pause the playing, the skin is unloaded, while whenever I start playing a music, the skin loads immediately.

This might be something related to your system (I suppose), because I have no such problems.
Might be my system, but that's okay, as I said before it doesn't happen that often. Nonetheless I'm really satisfied with how the visualizer works now, thanks everyone for the help! :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rina wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 6:47 pm
Nonetheless I'm really satisfied with how the visualizer works now, thanks everyone for the help! :thumbup:
Although I didn't help too much, I'm glad if you got it working as you wanted. :thumbup:
SCR

Post by SCR »

jsmorley wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 12:39 pm

Alternatively, I think it can help if you entirely clear your browser cache, including and particularly any cookies that are related to Rainmeter.

I'm hoping we tumble on the root cause of this soon.
I've had a similar problem. Couldn't log off and never showed me as on the forum.

It took me a while but I finally figured out what happened. I changed my default browser from Opera back to Chrome. Once I noticed the issue and tried a few things I remembered that Opera has a strange way of saving cookies. I deleted all the history, cache and cookies. All was once again good, or so I thought.

Two days ago it started again. Turns out that Opera, not running, not default browser updated itself and brought all that stuff back in. Opera is now gone along with everything associated with it and it seems so is the problem. Perhaps it can help.

Edit: One other thing, be sure to delete the Rainmeter cookie in your default browser and log in to forums.