It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:48 pm

Communication between skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
GREHNINATOR

Re: Communication between skins

Post by GREHNINATOR »

balala wrote: March 15th, 2020, 6:59 pm Yes, it is.Add the following two options to the [MeterImage] meter of skin B:

Code: Select all

[MeterImage]
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureHide "Stop 1" "A"][!showfadegroup "GAMES"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureHide "Execute 1" "A"]
Replace the "A" parameter of the above !CommandMeasure bangs with the config name of skin A. This is the path os the folder containing the A.ini file (having the first code posted by you above), starting from Skins folder. For instance if the path of A.ini file is C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\MyConfig\A\A.ini, the config name you should replace the A with in the above !CommandMeasure bangs is MyConfig\A.
Details about the Config parameter: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/#Config
Thank you so much! :rosegift: IT WORKS!
Hopefully I can show my work in a few days when I'm done :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 15th, 2020, 7:19 pm Huh. I was under the impression that the "GAMES" skins would be loaded when hovering on A, but maybe I was wrong. If they are already loaded, then yeah, your solution should work. ;-)
No. Nothing loads those skins. They have to be loaded. But based on GREHNINATOR's post, hopefully they are.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

GREHNINATOR wrote: March 15th, 2020, 7:38 pm Thank you so much! :rosegift: IT WORKS!
Hopefully I can show my work in a few days when I'm done :D
Great! I am waiting for it.
GREHNINATOR

Post by GREHNINATOR »

balala wrote: March 15th, 2020, 8:08 pm Great! I am waiting for it.
Here we go :) https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainmeter/comments/fm3y3g/just_finished_my_honeycomb_20skin/
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

This is just an image, or I am missing something?
Beuwolf

Post by Beuwolf »

balala wrote: March 21st, 2020, 7:11 am This is just an image, or I am missing something?
It is showing his post at reddit about his rainmeter skin, with a link to it over at DeviantArt, Honeycomb 2.0 (Menu Honeycomb) by Grehninator. Pretty neat little dock station he made from your and Yincognito advices. :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Beuwolf wrote: March 21st, 2020, 7:32 am It is showing his post at reddit about his rainmeter skin, with a link to it over at DeviantArt, Honeycomb 2.0 (Menu Honeycomb) by Grehninator. Pretty neat little dock station he made from your and Yincognito advices. :thumbup:
Indeed (more like balala's advice than mine, LOL). The skin looks classy and nice. :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 21st, 2020, 12:20 pm Indeed (more like balala's advice than mine, LOL). The skin looks classy and nice. :thumbup:
Yep, but there I see a few inadvertences (not sure this is the best term, but couldn't find a better one). For instance the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [MeterImage] meter within the Honeycomb 2.0\FILES\documents\documents.ini skin is set to LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Users\Emil\Documents"], which is not ok at all, because it does work ONLY on the OP's computer, nowhere else (unless there is something else having the same username). Its action should be set to LeftMouseUpAction=[Shell:::{A8CDFF1C-4878-43be-B5FD-F8091C1C60D0}], because this opens the Documents, regardless on which computer is it used. As most of you probably know, here is a description on how special folders can be launched / opened.
Beside this I'd add one more. Would be nice to have an animation when the mouse is hovering over an icon, when it is clicked and so on. For instance on the same [MeterImage] meter (within the Honeycomb 2.0\FILES\documents\documents.ini skin) I'd modify a little bit the LeftMouseUpAction, as well as adding a few other options:

[MeterImage]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\documents.png
X=10
Y=10
W=90
H=90
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "20"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "20"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "70"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "70"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
LeftMouseUpAction=[Shell:::{A8CDFF1C-4878-43be-B5FD-F8091C1C60D0}][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "110"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "110"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureHide "Stop 1" "Honeycomb 2.0\MENU\FILES"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "110"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "110"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureHide "Execute 1" "Honeycomb 2.0\MENU\FILES"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "10"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "10"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "90"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "90"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
(added the X, Y, LeftMouseDownAction and modified the LeftMouseUpAction, MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options).
This is what you get using the above code:
GIF.gif
Obviously this is just a first, brute approach, which definitely can be polished if needed. But the basic idea is to have an animation when the mouse is hovered over the icon, or when it is clicked.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 21st, 2020, 12:54 pm Yep, but there I see a few inadvertences (not sure this is the best term, but couldn't find a better one). For instance the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [MeterImage] meter within the Honeycomb 2.0\FILES\documents\documents.ini skin is set to LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Users\Emil\Documents"], which is not ok at all, because it does work ONLY on the OP's computer, nowhere else (unless there is something else having the same username). Its action should be set to LeftMouseUpAction=[Shell:::{A8CDFF1C-4878-43be-B5FD-F8091C1C60D0}], because this opens the Documents, regardless on which computer is it used. As most of you probably know, here is a description on how special folders can be launched / opened.
Beside this I'd add one more. Would be nice to have an animation when the mouse is hovering over an icon, when it is clicked and so on. For instance on the same [MeterImage] meter (within the Honeycomb 2.0\FILES\documents\documents.ini skin) I'd modify a little bit the LeftMouseUpAction, as well as adding a few other options:

[MeterImage]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\documents.png
X=10
Y=10
W=90
H=90
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "20"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "20"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "70"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "70"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
LeftMouseUpAction=[Shell:::{A8CDFF1C-4878-43be-B5FD-F8091C1C60D0}][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "110"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "110"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureHide "Stop 1" "Honeycomb 2.0\MENU\FILES"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "110"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "110"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureHide "Execute 1" "Honeycomb 2.0\MENU\FILES"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "10"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "10"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "90"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "90"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
(added the X, Y, LeftMouseDownAction and modified the LeftMouseUpAction, MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options).
This is what you get using the above code:
GIF.gif
Obviously this is just a first, brute approach, which definitely can be polished if needed. But the basic idea is to have an animation when the mouse is hovered over the icon, or when it is clicked.
Indeed. I only checked how it looks and didn't check the code - since you were obviously on top of it here, helping with the code. ;-)
And yeah, your suggestions above are spot on.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 21st, 2020, 1:04 pm And yeah, your suggestions above are spot on.
Thanks. Let's see what is GREHNINATOR's opinion about this.