It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:41 pm

Would like to have a skin previewd and commented on please.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Would like to have a skin previewd and commented on please.

Post by balala »

Beuwolf wrote: March 11th, 2020, 9:54 pm I actually read through the Transformation Matrix Guide a couple days ago and did not leave much wiser. :oops: But having your example now I try and read it soon again.
Yep, TransformationMatrix is not extremely easy, however nor very complicated is. If you get use to use it, it's a very powerful option, which can be used on any kind of meter. I'm a big fan of it.
Its only disadvantage is that if added to a meter and as a result you get the meter moved / rotated (or whatever) and additionally have a mouse action (for instance a click) defined on the same meter, you'll have to click where the "not transformed" meter was, the clicking surface doesn't follow the result of the TransformationMatrix.
Beuwolf wrote: March 11th, 2020, 9:54 pm WOW once again ! :jawdrop That sure makes things much easier overall !
Agree.
Beuwolf wrote: March 11th, 2020, 9:54 pm the end result is just awesome ! :thumbup:
I'm glad.
Beuwolf wrote: March 11th, 2020, 9:54 pm Found myself a 30day free trial on a Icon software, so going to play around with it and see if I can make some better looking icons to go with the skin as well. Not that those I found are bad, they great looking but as mentioned. Would be nice if they were more uniform if possible. Have the weekend off so will see what one can come up with, if anything. :oops:
Which one?
Beuwolf wrote: March 11th, 2020, 9:54 pm But saying that, any other suggestions posted I be more then happy to have a look at ! :D
:thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 11th, 2020, 9:54 pm Excellent work, balala! :thumbup: Nice trick to include the mouse actions into the meter styles in order to avoid copy pasting them in every meter - that's a trick I'll have to remember. ;-) This must be the simplest solution yet, and yes, using a variable (or variables, in my version) to control the amount of resizing makes the whole thing much more flexible.

That being said, if I follow your example and include the repetitive options into the meter styles, coupled with replacing the specific meter names with the #CURRENTSECTION# variable, I will massively reduce the needed additional code as well... :D Credit to you though, you implemented it perfectly, not to mention the TransformationMatrix variant. :great:
Yes, this makes the things much easier. And the code much shorter.
And thanks for the appreciations, mean a lot.
Yincognito wrote: March 11th, 2020, 9:54 pm and a lot of fine stuff to learn.
The basic idea of this forum, I think.
Beuwolf

Post by Beuwolf »

balala wrote: March 12th, 2020, 7:36 am Which one?
Sorry for late reply. I found this Icon Software made by IcoFX Software, although not quiet doing things as I wanted, or just me being bad at graphics etc. :oops: :confused:

Might have to read up on some Adobe/Gimp stuff instead. :oops:

Once again, thanks for all your help earlier ! :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Beuwolf wrote: March 21st, 2020, 7:42 am Once again, thanks for all your help earlier ! :thumbup:
Happy to help. :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Beuwolf wrote: March 21st, 2020, 7:42 am Sorry for late reply. I found this Icon Software made by IcoFX Software, although not quiet doing things as I wanted, or just me being bad at graphics etc. :oops: :confused:

Might have to read up on some Adobe/Gimp stuff instead. :oops:

Once again, thanks for all your help earlier ! :thumbup:
Just so you know, you can open or save to ICO format using Photoshop as well. You just need a small plugin (depending on your Photoshop version) - for me it's called ICO Format.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Beuwolf

Post by Beuwolf »

Yincognito wrote: March 21st, 2020, 12:28 pm Just so you know, you can open or save to ICO format using Photoshop as well. You just need a small plugin (depending on your Photoshop version) - for me it's called ICO Format.
Yeah, that's what I seen. I don't have Photoshop but having been browsing Deviantart it seems most icons made there is done with Adobe so might get it, or at least a trial at first and see if I can manage it through there. After looking at some tutorials on youtube or such first though.

Right now though I'm good, working on some more Rainmeter docks just to torture myself some more ! :twisted: It wont be until I feel I'm done with this Suite I'm working on and then see if I can get some icons to go with the Programs dock and other docks like the HDD and Recycle Bin.

Thanks again for the help you gave earlier, much appreciated ! :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Beuwolf wrote: March 21st, 2020, 1:14 pm Yeah, that's what I seen. I don't have Photoshop but having been browsing Deviantart it seems most icons made there is done with Adobe so might get it, or at least a trial at first and see if I can manage it through there. After looking at some tutorials on youtube or such first though.

Right now though I'm good, working on some more Rainmeter docks just to torture myself some more ! :twisted: It wont be until I feel I'm done with this Suite I'm working on and then see if I can get some icons to go with the Programs dock and other docks like the HDD and Recycle Bin.

Thanks again for the help you gave earlier, much appreciated ! :thumbup:
Yeah, I know, you compartmentalize stuff - I do the same. :D Let the help you got have some good use and allow you to produce something awesome! :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth