It is currently April 25th, 2024, 4:50 am

Skins pop up above other windows

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
lilooopps

Skins pop up above other windows

Post by lilooopps »

Every time I click on my desktop while having a window (e.g. a explorer window) dragged above a rainmeter skin, the skins pops up above the window for a moment. I've already set the skins position to "on desktop" with the option "click through" enabled.

Is this a common problem and is there a way to fix this?

The attached picture shows the moment when the skin appears above the window.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skins pop up above other windows

Post by Yincognito »

lilooopps wrote: March 6th, 2020, 11:18 am Every time I click on my desktop while having a window (e.g. a explorer window) dragged above a rainmeter skin, the skins pops up above the window for a moment. I've already set the skins position to "on desktop" with the option "click through" enabled.

Is this a common problem and is there a way to fix this?

The attached picture shows the moment when the skin appears above the window.
This doesn't happen for me, and I've tried using the described setup with both one of my skins and a larger one - but then, I'm using a slightly older version of Rainmeter. See if trying the same with a different skin (from a different set) produces the same results; if it does, it may be a "problem" related to the general settings in Rainmeter; if it doesn't, then your original skin does something else to trigger this result, and the "problem" is in the skin code.

In other words, try to isolate the problem, in order to be able to find the culprit for this.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
lilooopps

Post by lilooopps »

Yincognito wrote: March 6th, 2020, 11:50 am This doesn't happen for me, and I've tried using the described setup with both one of my skins and a larger one - but then, I'm using a slightly older version of Rainmeter.
I've tried using other skins from a different set (also from the illustro set) but ended up with the same problem. Which version of Rainmeter do you use if not the latest? I'm using version 4.3.1.3321 (64-bit) right now.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

lilooopps wrote: March 6th, 2020, 12:12 pm I've tried using other skins from a different set (also from the illustro set) but ended up with the same problem. Which version of Rainmeter do you use if not the latest? I'm using version 4.3.1.3321 (64-bit) right now.
I'm using version 4.3.0.3298 (64-bit). Try with this one to see if it solves it ... although for an accurate result, a "clean" installation would be advisable (i.e. "uninstall" the other .ini stuff as well, after making a backup of what you think it's important from Rainmeter's folders).

P.S. By the way, what skin are you using? Can you link it here so I can see if installing it changes anything in my case?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
hakaku09

Post by hakaku09 »

You should try "Bottom" instead of On Desktop. It worked for me