It is currently April 26th, 2024, 12:44 pm

WebNowPlaying change image on mouse over action

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
wolfnuka

Re: WebNowPlaying change image on mouse over action

Post by wolfnuka »

Here is the music player if you guys feel like playing with it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MR-YKl9qZS2lIoYgnp7S2ZP_q-1vgRQt/view?usp=sharing
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

wolfnuka wrote: February 25th, 2020, 8:53 pm Here is the music player if you guys feel like playing with it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MR-YKl9qZS2lIoYgnp7S2ZP_q-1vgRQt/view?usp=sharing
The MUSIC-MENU.ini skin into this package is exactly the same as the initial one posted by you. the only difference is that you1ve added the Hover variable into the [Variables] section. No other changes at all. Please follow the steps I've described previously in my post and make all changes described there. Then let me know if it does work.
Note that the Update=10 is completely wrong and not needed. The lowest possible value of Update is 16 (second paragraph here). But in such a case there is no need to use such a low value, the default Update=1000 would be completely enough and good.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Well, for me, the skin is throwing a huge amount of errors in the long about font size being invalid (aka 0). Coupled with the high update rate, this spikes my CPU to 30%, LOL. I don't seem to find a solution for this, as everything about fonts seems to be ok.

On other thing I noticed is that the "plugin" name is wrong, as it should be NowPlaying, not WebNowPlaying. The states of the parent measure seem also to be inverted, as 0 is for stopped, 1 for playing, and 2 for paused, according to the manual (Winamp here). When I switched them as per manual, the play button dissapeared. Ugh, tough skin to work with... :D

Now on the glowing thing, it seems the images exist, and for other buttons they work. I can't see why replicating what's done for the other buttons wouldn't work for the play/pause ... unless there's another issue occuring (like the one on states above, maybe?).

Bottom line, it's big, it's nasty, it's ages old from the look of the bangs and plugin names, so maybe the best idea is to first oversimplify it in another skin, updating things to the modern day as needed, fix the damn short update rate and the font error, then just try to accomplish things one at a time (starting with the play/pause functioning and glowing). After that, once you know what's wrong, the OP can modify stuff all around the skin, if needed.

Just saying. If you have better luck with it, then I'm wrong on this and you're right. For the sake of a solution, I hope I'm wrong.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 25th, 2020, 9:46 pm On other thing I noticed is that the "plugin" name is wrong, as it should be NowPlaying, not WebNowPlaying. The states of the parent measure seem also to be inverted, as 0 is for stopped, 1 for playing, and 2 for paused, according to the manual (Winamp here). When I switched them as per manual, the play button dissapeared. Ugh, tough skin to work with... :D
No, no, WebNowPlaying is a valid plugin, different from NowPlaying, which in fact is not even anymore a plugin. This isn't an issue.

I'm curious what wolfnuka say about the code modifications he missed.
wolfnuka

Post by wolfnuka »

Yes, that was my mistake, I initially wanted to add a VU meter with High response, since the update rate, but I ended up adding one separated from this skin but forgot to change the update rate, thank you for the heads up, I will change it to a sec or haf a sec, it will make the volume meter not as responsive but i guess is a necessary trade off.

Regarding the Image change to a "glowing image", as you can see the image exists, and I can make it change by using a "MouseOverAction" on the "Play" button, the issue is, that once you press play, and the image changes to the "Pause Button", if you hover the "Pause Button", it won't change, because we are no longer changing the image by relying on the "MouseOverAction" alone, you need to read the status of the "WebNowPlaying" plugin, so basically, I need to run those two functions at the same time, so if the "WebNowPlaying" status, is lets say "Playing", then when "MouseOverAction" occurs, change the image in question.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: February 25th, 2020, 9:58 pmNo, no, WebNowPlaying is a valid plugin, different from NowPlaying, which in fact is not even anymore a plugin. This isn't an issue.
Oh, I see now - that makes sense. I was attempting to use it the same as NowPlaying, so that was destined to fail. It even triggered playing in one of the flash clips I had loaded in my browser, and I was surprised to see that. But then, I guess that's why it's called WebNowPlaying... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

wolfnuka wrote: February 26th, 2020, 1:30 am Regarding the Image change to a "glowing image", as you can see the image exists, and I can make it change by using a "MouseOverAction" on the "Play" button, the issue is, that once you press play, and the image changes to the "Pause Button", if you hover the "Pause Button", it won't change, because we are no longer changing the image by relying on the "MouseOverAction" alone, you need to read the status of the "WebNowPlaying" plugin, so basically, I need to run those two functions at the same time, so if the "WebNowPlaying" status, is lets say "Playing", then when "MouseOverAction" occurs, change the image in question.
Let's try again: as I said, my description on what to do, does exactly this. You have to follow the steps described there, including the replacing of the image names into the Substitute options of the [MeasurePlayPauseHover] measure. Presumably you've done this, however in your last posted package the only thing done is the newly added Hovered variable, nothing else. If you want to get it working, please follow all the steps described in my post.
If you don't know what to do or can't follow my description / don't understand it (yep, my English is not the best, sorry), please let me know and I'll make the needed update of the code. Just let me know.
wolfnuka

Post by wolfnuka »

The player contains both the "NowPlaying" and "WebNowPlaying" but is only using the "Spotify" bangs for the "NowPlaying" plugin, I will go ahead and try again the suggested changes and I will get back to you guys
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

wolfnuka wrote: February 26th, 2020, 4:42 pm I will go ahead and try again the suggested changes and I will get back to you guys
Ok, follow those steps please. Hope you'll get it working as needed.