It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:43 pm

Incorrectly displayed Russian-language characters in the skin.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
LizardRee

Incorrectly displayed Russian-language characters in the skin.

Post by LizardRee »

Good afternoon! My Russian-language characters in the skin are not displayed correctly. I tried to install different skins on the "notepad", from different developers, but everyone has the same problem. What to do? :confused:
Screens:
Link to notebook ini files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T050UWmE6zp6v9TY9Lz6d7Ui0pM_sDdc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wPD3xFaWVEWwjpOAuVAyks9qrl2t2jzb
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wIKKEKerAk4y7kBhv0WVgfXlgYrPoXQ2
Jeff

Re: Incorrectly displayed Russian-language characters in the skin.

Post by Jeff »

The file is saved in UTF-8 (says right in the corner) which can't display crylic, In Notepoad, click File and then just choose to Save as and choose the encoding to be Unicode and delete the old UTF-8 file adter
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EDIT: Sorry Jeff being too late...
LizardRee wrote: January 26th, 2020, 4:33 pm
Good afternoon! My Russian-language characters in the skin are not displayed correctly. I tried to install different skins on the "notepad", from different developers, but everyone has the same problem. What to do? :confused:
The issue might be caused by the encoding of the files. Their encoding is set to UTF-8, which is not the best choice. Try encoding them in UTF-16 Little Endian Unicode. Details: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=166711#p166711
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

tips/unicode-in-rainmeter/ wrote:Rainmeter skins

Like all Windows applications (since Windows 98), Rainmeter manages and displays all text using the UTF-16 LE Unicode standard. If you wish to embed Unicode characters in Rainmeter .ini (skin) .inc (include) or text files read by the Quote plugin, simply encode the file as:
  • UTF-16 LE (Windows Notepad.exe)
  • UCS-2 LE BOM (Notepad++)
  • UTF-16 LE (Sublime Text)
It's that simple. Now you can embed strings like Самое прекрасное в стандартах то, что есть так много, чтобы выбрать из. in your file(s) and Rainmeter will handle them properly on any user's system.

We will refer to this as UTF-16 from here out. While the naming convention varies from editor to editor, it is basically the same standard in each.

NEVER encode any of these files in UTF-8. Rainmeter and the Quote plugin will not be able to properly read them.
More InFo Here...
LizardRee

Post by LizardRee »

I only have such encodings. There is no UTF 16, tried this one. The result is the same.(
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

LizardRee wrote: January 26th, 2020, 5:33 pm I only have such encodings. There is no UTF 16, tried this one. The result is the same.(
In the post above it says UTF 16 is same as UCS-2 LE BOM which is there in Notepad++ on your screen.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/unicode-in-rainmeter/
Check this part:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Active Colors wrote: January 26th, 2020, 7:07 pm In the post above it says UTF 16 is same as UCS-2 LE BOM which is there in Notepad++ on your screen.
Right:
jsmorley wrote: October 16th, 2019, 12:50 pm I strongly recommend that all .ini and .inc files just always be encoded as UTF-16 LE / UCS-2 LE BOM. (These are essentially the same thing)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Be sure if your file is already encoded as something other than UTF 16 / UCS-2 LE BOM that you use "Convert to UCS-2 LE BOM" in Notepad++

1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LizardRee

Post by LizardRee »

Did as you said. Restarted the program. Nothing changed. (screenshot)
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Both files need to have the same encoding, encode the note.txt file as well in the same encoding as Notes.ini