It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:05 am

So... this opportunity came up: [realised I could do this already - so blind][now an abandoned thread]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

So... this opportunity came up: [realised I could do this already - so blind][now an abandoned thread]

Post by Mor3bane »

Hey, so I was going throught all of the latest nice toys and options in the Monstercat Visualiser suite.

There is a lua script and some associated ini files.

I've been messing around with them but am not sure I understand how the lua works and what files and meters/measures are required for the sole purpose of putting the capability into my little skin for the amazing ability to select from the output device list and have it activate (if available).

I know in Win 10 the device list is always available even if certain sort of redundant devices are disabled in windows. The Monstercat lua seems to know that and even though the devices show up they cannot be selected, if disabled - that is really cool.

I am intending to change the functionality a bit but I am just trying to mimic by cannibalising Monstercat for the needed files etc. Then when my skin has that ability, I fell that there is enough in standard rainmeter script that the actual modality can be changed whilst retaining the same cool ability to select from the device list and activate that device in conjunction with AudioLevel plugin (Monstercat uses this so that is a relief since I am not too shabby on scripting with that plugin).

The trouble is what do I need at baseline? Well I have what I think I need in the skin, so I will attach it her along with the rmskin I got from GitHub for comparison.

Any help is appreciated, as I think or rather know that the lua stuff is/are my stumbling block.

If not then this could very well be an easy task for some folks who come around this forum. :great:

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Audio Wizard_1.021.rmskin
(My skin is a bit messy since i have not successfully integrated the proper files yet)
Copy of Monstercat_XX.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mor3bane on January 6th, 2020, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Re: So... this opportunity came up: borrow from the best (monstercat & device selection)

Post by Mor3bane »

OK maybe there is too much to go through so I'll hack away meter by meter and hope I hit the sweet spot, eventually.

I have a button in the main skin - my skin:

Code: Select all

[Button2]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@##MyButtonFile#
X=209
Y=184
W=35
H=35
Antialias=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetClip "Output Devices:#CRLF#[MeasureAudioDeviceName]"][!SetOption "MeterButtonHover" "Text" "Output Devices Copied"]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption "MeterButtonHover" "Text" "Output Devices"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption "MeterButtonHover" "Text" """ """][!Update]
DynamicVariables=1
[MeasureAudioDeviceName] is in another ini - the general.ini
I can manage asserting the path if needed, but since the [MeasureAudioDeviceName] is in another skin, I am not sure how to identify that into the button above.

What kind of variable does [MeasureAudioDeviceName] need to be? e.g. #[MeasureAudioDeviceName]# (which isnt working, nor is what is shown either), etc?

[MeasureAudioDeviceName] should be outputting a text batch.

Any recommendations are appreciated.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.