It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:43 am

Magic Bar or Shape with Alpha fade gradient [tricky idea]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Re: Magic Bar or Shape with Alpha fade gradient [tricky idea]

Post by Mor3bane »

OMG! That is so awesome!

I wish I could extrapolate code like you do, seriously. It would so many dimensions to this hobby for me. Alas, I'm a snail in the race with the hare and tortoise.

:thumbup: :jawdrop :rosegift:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Hey, there seems to be a glitch in the refresh. It seems to occur between song changes. A manual refresh gets thing going again. So either the visualiser stops or freezes, until a manual refresh.

I'm sifting through, but I openly admit I am not confident this is something I can suss out.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Ok, so this seems to be functioning. A trick I learnt from Yamajac
I moved [ScriptRefresher] to the very end on Visualiser.ini and added the bit below.

Code: Select all

; Script Refresher - required for the factory script, refreshes the skin to apply
[ScriptRefresher]
Measure=Script
ScriptFile=#@#scripts\Refresher.lua
UpdateDivider=-1
Group=NoUpdate
Refreshed=0

[NoUpdate]
Measure = Calc
OnUpdateAction = [!EnableMeasureGroup NoUpdate][!DisableMeasure NoUpdate]
My DevArt Gallery

Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Just so the curious have something to think about.

When the visualiser first starts it still gets hung up, sort of jitters then freezes then maybe jitters some more but not really working per se.

So, I simply utilised a spare button on another skin to refresh the config group of the visualiser.ini, as so:

Code: Select all

RightMouseUpAction=[!RefreshGroup "Spectrum"]
After that all good, no hang ups or refresh issues.

So without knowing the actual bug, this seems a decent switch off to have the very nice effect option eclectic-tech worked into the visualiser. There are some really nice features including balancing with the no-clipping feature of the parent skin and volumetric differential in the amount of fade there is. Some really elegant integration into an otherwise 'designed-to-be-a-challenge-to-mess-with' rmskin.

Thanks again eclectic-tech :D
My DevArt Gallery

Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

@eclectic-tech

I really am just so loving this inverted fade effect. I have not seen the exact same thing an really almost any visualiser I've looked at since integrating this idea with your help (really all I did was think of it). I likely could have found one but having your help with this, is really appreciated and respected for the great code and for me a look into how an idea can be (ahem) visualised.

:great: peace.
My DevArt Gallery

eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Happy to help. :great: