It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:29 pm

have skin from DD.921 and the Cold theme

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
skorpio07

have skin from DD.921 and the Cold theme

Post by skorpio07 »

So i have the Engen "Cold" rainmeter theme and only need to change one thing. the temperature is in Celcius, how to i make that convert into Fahrenheit? i can successfully get into the settings.ini and changed the C to F, but that doesn't change the actual temperature. how can i do that?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: have skin from DD.921 and the Cold theme

Post by balala »

skorpio07 wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 7:59 pm So i have the Engen "Cold" rainmeter theme
First post a link where we can download the skin in cause, please.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

skorpio07 wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 7:59 pm i can successfully get into the settings.ini and changed the C to F, but that doesn't change the actual temperature.
Have you refreshed the skin? Such changes come into effect when you refresh the skin.
xenium

Post by xenium »

skorpio07 wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 7:59 pm So i have the Engen "Cold" rainmeter theme and only need to change one thing. the temperature is in Celcius, how to i make that convert into Fahrenheit? i can successfully get into the settings.ini and changed the C to F, but that doesn't change the actual temperature. how can i do that?
In Variables.ini file in the Resources folder, change "M" (metric - temperatures into Celsius) to "Unit=", with "i" ((imperial - temperatures in Fahrenheit).
Then, in the Weather.ini in the Weather folder, go to [Weather] and to "Text =" replace C with F.
Save,Close and Refresh skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

xenium wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 9:36 pm In Variables.ini file in the Resources folder, change "M" (metric - temperatures into Celsius) to "Unit=", with "i" ((imperial - temperatures in Fahrenheit).
Depends on what are we talking about. I suppose the skin in cause is a weather skin (which is most probably, but not absolutely sure), but skorpio07 said:
skorpio07 wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 7:59 pm the temperature is in Celcius, how to i make that convert into Fahrenheit? i can successfully get into the settings.ini and changed the C to F, but that doesn't change the actual temperature.
If what he has changed is the same Unit setting you're talking about, then neither with c, nor with f the temperature isn't returned in Celsius. The only setting which brings the temperature in Celsius is m, all others return it in Fahrenheit, because Fahrenheit is the default temperature scale on Weather.com.
That's why I said we should take a look to the skin. If we would know which skin are we talking about...
xenium

Post by xenium »

balala wrote: December 24th, 2019, 3:26 pm If we would know which skin are we talking about...
The skin referred to by skorpio07 is this:
https://www.deviantart.com/dd-921/art/Rainmeter-Cold-1-0-768554653
What I wrote in my post refers to this skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

xenium wrote: December 24th, 2019, 3:40 pm The skin referred to by skorpio07 is this:
https://www.deviantart.com/dd-921/art/Rainmeter-Cold-1-0-768554653
What I wrote in my post refers to this skin.
If it is, what have you wrote is indeed what skorpio07 should do.
For people asking for help: always post please a skin name and a link where we can download the skin you're asking help for. Not we should figure out what skin are you talking about: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28421#p148358