It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:15 pm

Really long bang lines in the rainmeter section: what is the best approach?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Krainz

Really long bang lines in the rainmeter section: what is the best approach?

Post by Krainz »

I ended up editing the original Hotkey plugin .ini file in order to test enabling/disabling the hotkeys on Rainmeter focus/unfocus

I tried using disablemeasure, pausemeasure and togglepausemeasure to no avail

So the solution I came up with was a setoption that changed the hotkey to something obnoxious (like mouseclick+scroll lock) during unfocus.

This ends up generating some quite long bang lines in the Rainmeter section:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=100
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=#BackgroundColor#
OnFocusAction=[!SetOption Focus Text "Rainmeter focused"][!UpdateMeter *][!SetVariable FOCUS 1][!SetOption Green Hotkey DOWN][!SetOption Red Hotkey UP][!SetOption Blue Hotkey LEFT][!SetOption Black Hotkey RIGHT][!UpdateMeasureGroup Keys][!Redraw]
OnUnfocusAction=[!SetOption Focus Text "Rainmeter unfocused"][!UpdateMeter *][!SetVariable FOCUS 0][!SetOption Green Hotkey "MBUTTON SCROLLLOCK"][!SetOption Red Hotkey "MBUTTON SCROLLLOCK"][!SetOption Blue Hotkey "MBUTTON SCROLLLOCK"][!SetOption Black Hotkey "MBUTTON SCROLLLOCK"][!UpdateMeasureGroup Keys][!UpdateMeasure Green][!Redraw]

[Variables]
BackgroundColor=50,50,50,255
Key1=UP
Key2=DOWN
Key3=LEFT
Key4=RIGHT
Key5=MBUTTON SCROLLLOCK
FOCUS=1

[Red]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HotKey
Group=Keys
DynamicVariables=1
HotKey=UP
KeyUpAction=[!SetOption Background SolidColor "#BackgroundColor#"][!UpdateMeter Background][!Redraw]
KeyDownAction=[!SetOption Background SolidColor "255,0,0,255"][!UpdateMeter Background][!Redraw]

[Green]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HotKey
Group=Keys
HotKey=#Key2#
KeyDownAction=[!SetOption Background SolidColor "0,255,0,255"][!UpdateMeter Background][!Redraw]
KeyUpAction=[!SetOption Background SolidColor "#BackgroundColor#"][!UpdateMeter Background][!Redraw]

[Blue]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HotKey
HotKey=#Key3#
KeyDownAction=[!SetOption Background SolidColor "0,0,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Background][!Redraw]

[Black]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HotKey
HotKey=#Key4#
KeyDownAction=[!SetOption Background SolidColor "0,0,0,255"][!UpdateMeter Background][!Redraw]

[Style]
FontColor=255,255,255,255
X=18R
Y=5
DynamicVariables=1
AntiAlias=1

[Style1]
X=5
Y=2R
FontSize=8

[Focus]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Style
Text=Rainmeter focused

[Background]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=#BackgroundColor#
X=0
Y=5R
W=200
H=90

[Key1Label]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Style | Style1
Text=Red: #Key1#
Y=5r

[Key2Label]
Meter=String
Text=Green: #Key2#

[Key3Label]
Meter=String
Text=Blue: #Key3#

[Key4Label]
Meter=String
Text=Black: #Key4#

[Label5]
Meter=String
Text=FOCUS: #FOCUS#
What is the most efficient approach when it comes to cases like this? Is there no problem in having to use long bang lines in the Rainmeter section?
Mor3bane

Re: Really long bang lines in the rainmeter section: what is the best approach?

Post by Mor3bane »

I see that approach quite often.

Whilst I dont do it usually, it seems just fine - as usually means; I am happy to utilise it when I find it useful, just not planning it that way to start with.

My example:

[Rainmeter]
; Activates custom menu instead of default
;RightMouseUpAction=[!SkinCustomMenu]
ContextTitle="Cyan"
ContextAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables MySepiaTint "120,220,220" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables MyBackgroundImage "Cyan.png" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables MyBackgroundRing "CyanRing.png" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables MyLogoImage "Logo.png" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables MyBackgroundSmall "CyanFrame.png" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!RefreshGroup Big][!RefreshGroup Small][!RefreshGroup drives][!RefreshGroup buttons]
ContextTitle2="Silver"
ContextAction2=[!WriteKeyValue Variables MySepiaTint "220,220,220" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables MyBackgroundImage "Silver.png" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables MyBackgroundRing "SilverRing.png" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables MyLogoImage "Logo.png" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables MyBackgroundSmall "SilverFrame.png" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!RefreshGroup Big][!RefreshGroup Small][!RefreshGroup drives][!RefreshGroup buttons]
ContextTitle3="Sepia"
ContextAction3=[!WriteKeyValue Variables MySepiaTint "242,212,165" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables MyBackgroundImage "Sepia.png" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables MyBackgroundRing "SepiaRing.png" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables MyLogoImage "SepiaLogo.png" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables MyBackgroundSmall "SepiaFrame.png" "#@#RoundVariables.inc"][!RefreshGroup Big][!RefreshGroup Small][!RefreshGroup drives][!RefreshGroup buttons]
ContextTitle4="Variables"
ContextAction4=["#@#RoundVariables.inc"]
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Krainz wrote: December 20th, 2019, 4:21 am I tried using disablemeasure, pausemeasure and togglepausemeasure to no avail
A HotKey plugin measure can't be disabled with a !DisableMeasure bang, but it can with !CommandMeasure. I'd modify the OnFocusAction and OnUnfocusAction options of the [Rainmeter] section, changing with them only the value of the FOCUS variable:

[Rainmeter]
OnFocusAction=[!SetVariable FOCUS "1"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureFocus"]
OnUnfocusAction=[!SetVariable FOCUS "0"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureFocus"]
I also would add a [MeasureFocus] measure, which disables / enables the HotKey plugin measures:

[MeasureFocus]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#FOCUS#
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#>=1)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption Focus Text "Rainmeter focused"][!CommandMeasure "Red" "Start"][!CommandMeasure "Green" "Start"][!CommandMeasure "Blue" "Start"][!CommandMeasure "Black" "Start"]
IfFalseAction=[!SetOption Focus Text "Rainmeter unfocused"][!CommandMeasure "Red" "Stop"][!CommandMeasure "Green" "Stop"][!CommandMeasure "Blue" "Stop"][!CommandMeasure "Black" "Stop"]
DynamicVariables=1
So no need to use !SetOption bangs.
Krainz

Post by Krainz »

balala wrote: December 20th, 2019, 12:48 pm A HotKey plugin measure can't be disabled with a !DisableMeasure bang, but it can with !CommandMeasure. I'd modify the OnFocusAction and OnUnfocusAction options of the [Rainmeter] section, changing with them only the value of the FOCUS variable:

[Rainmeter]
OnFocusAction=[!SetVariable FOCUS "1"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureFocus"]
OnUnfocusAction=[!SetVariable FOCUS "0"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureFocus"]
I also would add a [MeasureFocus] measure, which disables / enables the HotKey plugin measures:

[MeasureFocus]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#FOCUS#
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#>=1)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption Focus Text "Rainmeter focused"][!CommandMeasure "Red" "Start"][!CommandMeasure "Green" "Start"][!CommandMeasure "Blue" "Start"][!CommandMeasure "Black" "Start"]
IfFalseAction=[!SetOption Focus Text "Rainmeter unfocused"][!CommandMeasure "Red" "Stop"][!CommandMeasure "Green" "Stop"][!CommandMeasure "Blue" "Stop"][!CommandMeasure "Black" "Stop"]
DynamicVariables=1
So no need to use !SetOption bangs.
That works, thank you!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Krainz wrote: December 20th, 2019, 5:06 pm That works, thank you!
Glad to help. :thumbup: