It is currently April 26th, 2024, 2:27 am

SpectrumV3 - Set quick link layer to always appear on 'Normal' position

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Kai_Bosh

SpectrumV3 - Set quick link layer to always appear on 'Normal' position

Post by Kai_Bosh »

Hi guys,

I've tried to do a quick search for my problem but found no solution so I'm creating this new thread.

I'm wanting to set my Icon Group layer to always refresh to the 'Normal' screen position, instead of 'Topmost'. I've had a look through some of the files but can't find any variables to change to 'Normal'. The closest I've found which I thought might make a difference is in the 'SPECTRUM 3.ini' file. Line 7 indicates skin height, by default it's 2, and coincidentally this corresponds to 'Topmost' in the settings drop down. So I tried setting this to '3' (Corresponds to 'Normal') and saving then refreshing the skin to see if it would have the desired effect. Sadly it did not. Google isn't much help because there aren't any real docs for Spectrum V3.

Any help will be appreciated, cheers!
Mor3bane

Re: SpectrumV3 - Set quick link layer to always appear on 'Normal' position

Post by Mor3bane »

ok here's the trade secret:

On you skin - each one separately - right-click or if you have a right-click function on it ctrl-right-click

Then hover to settings>position: Normal

Then once all of you skins are at the correct "Z" position: right-click>manage(any)skin go to the Layout tab;

Create a layout e.g. a default layout.

Then if you have a refresh all function, instead use [!LoadLayout] Bang then [!Refresh *]

viola, skins stay that way under the appropriate Layout.

OR: prgramatically =[!ZPos "1"]

it goes bottom to top -2 | -1 | 0 | 1 | 2
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Kai_Bosh

Post by Kai_Bosh »

Forgive my ignorance, but in what file am I adding the [!LoadLayout] and [!Refresh *] lines?
Kai_Bosh

Post by Kai_Bosh »

Nevermind! Found it, thank you for your help
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Kai_Bosh wrote: December 18th, 2019, 12:40 pm Forgive my ignorance, but in what file am I adding the [!LoadLayout] and [!Refresh *] lines?
Why do you want to add those bangs? None of them doesn't set the position of the skin. Where did you get them?
Kai_Bosh wrote: December 18th, 2019, 8:00 am I'm wanting to set my Icon Group layer to always refresh to the 'Normal' screen position, instead of 'Topmost'. I've had a look through some of the files but can't find any variables to change to 'Normal'. The closest I've found which I thought might make a difference is in the 'SPECTRUM 3.ini' file. Line 7 indicates skin height, by default it's 2, and coincidentally this corresponds to 'Topmost' in the settings drop down. So I tried setting this to '3' (Corresponds to 'Normal') and saving then refreshing the skin to see if it would have the desired effect. Sadly it did not. Google isn't much help because there aren't any real docs for Spectrum V3.
Note that a few skins of the suite are already set to "Normal" (for instance Spectrum V3\MainFrame.ini or Spectrum V3\SPECTRUM 3.ini). This because they have a [!Zpos 0] bang into the OnRefreshaAction of the [Rainmeter] section. This option is executed when you refresh / load the skin and the existing !ZPos bang sets the Z-position of the current skin. 0 means the skin is set to "Normal".
On the same time some other skins (like Spectrum V3\Modules\LauncherGroup1.ini - Spectrum V3\Modules\LauncherGroup4.ini) have set the Z position to "On Top", due to the [!Zpos 1] bang added to the same OnRefreshAction option of the [Rainmeter] section.
And finally others skins have not set the Z position (for instance Spectrum V3\Taskbar\System Monitor 2\System.ini or Spectrum V3\Taskbar\System\System.ini), not having set a !ZPos bang into the OnRefreshAction option (well, in fact not having an OnRefreshAction option at all).
If you wanna change this setting to any skin you have to modify the numeric value under the !ZPos option (if there already is a such bang into the OnRefreshAction option), or have to add one (Something like OnRefreshAction=[!ZPos "0"], if there is no such option) into the [Rainmeter] section.